Our Client, The Kenya Bankers Association (KBA – www.kba.co.ke) is registered as an Industry Association whose mandate include promoting industry development and economic growth by engaging the government and sector regulator, Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). The main aim of the Association is to cater for the interests of the member banks in negotiating terms and conditions of service of its unionisable employees and as far as possible standardize management practices so as to ensure harmony in the industry.
They are now inviting applications for dynamic professionals to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Public Affairs, the Communication Officer will be responsible for the company’s communication with different target audiences, including customers, journalists, investors, and the community.
Communication Offficer Job Accountabilities
- Developing and executing communication objectives and communication plans that realise the Association’s communications strategic plans
- Managing media relations and coordinating publicity activities
- Composing, editing, designing, producing publications such as newsletters and brochures
- Writing news releases, speeches and articles
- Leading with web content development and managing social media platforms, including graphic design
- Coordinating internal and external events and workshops
- Providing administration support for the department
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organization
Qualifications for the Communication Offficer Job
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication and Media Technology, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years public relations experience; account experience within a dynamic multi-national public relations agency is preferred
- Expert proficiency in office automation packages, and advanced capability with content generation and management for digital and social media platforms
- Experience with public relations research, monitoring and evaluation/analysis
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral). Strong writing skills with experience in business writing and corporate communications
- Experience working with local business media (media relations)
- Experience with graphic design and web site development
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by Friday 12th January 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “COMMUNICATION OFFFICER”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.