Communication Manager Jobs, Communication Jobs Trademark East Africa Jobs
The position is an integral part of a small but dynamic communications team that serves internal clients and works closely with external partners on a technically diverse work program and an ambitious mandate. The position will lead various aspects of the design, planning, development, execution, and monitoring of the TMEA’s communications and outreach work, ensuring interlock between programmes and corporate communication initiatives. Ensures communications strategy is in alignment with TMEA corporate strategy and vision and ensures adherence to TMEA guidelines and standards for increased visibility. The position requires a wide range of skills and competencies, and the ability to conceptualize and execute creative ideas, lead teams, and make decisions and solve problems with minimal supervision.
Communication Planning & Implementation
- Research and draft the annual communication business plan for submission to the communication director.
- Provide support in designing, planning and supervising implementation of TMEA communication strategy and consequent programmes communication plans of assigned regional and country programmes including work plans and budgets.
- Manage the development and rollout of stakeholder engagement and communication plans for TMEA projects that present high degree of behaviour change as well as those with high reputational risk.
- Develop crisis management plans that protect TMEA’s reputation and that of its donors.
- Build external relations with key implementing partners of assigned portfolios for capacity building and to ensure TMEA’s visibility and branding guidelines are entrenched.
- Identify and mitigate communications challenges and risks which could impact on TMEA’s reputation, while briefing the Communication Director and respective programme leads as appropriate.
- Lead in production and dissemination of public facing information materials within assigned portfolios including case studies, press releases, microsites, fact sheets, brochures, explainer videos, 2D explainers, documentaries, FAQ’s.
- Plan, advise and manage end to end processes for strategic corporate communications campaigns within assigned portfolio.
- Manage day to day relationships of communication consultants as applies
- Contribute to communications results and events calendar.
- Oversee collating of impact narratives and thought leadership articles (opinion pieces) within TMEA strategic objectives, including issue & lead identification, story board creation, writing and dissemination. To include ghost writing for senior leadership and technical directors, as assigned.
- Provide editorial support in production of key corporate publications including the gender annual publication and Impact story compendium.
- Provide support to TMEA editorial committee in generation (collection of information, editing, designing and dissemination) of corporate newsletters as assigned, acting as the editor.
- Support in design, implementation and monitoring of a TMEA internal communication strategy.
Social media & Digital platforms
- Develop content, ensure social media tactics are embedded and deployed in all communication plans, train staff in use of social media. Participate & advise on innovation of TMEA digital platforms.
- Establishing and monitoring a regional media management strategy that considers political and media agendas.
- Identify, network and build relationships with media owners, editors, reporters, producers, bloggers and tech analysts to build an ally media base and increase positive media coverage for TMEA.
- Drive editorial story planning and documentation to both national, regional and pan-African press. Including collaboration with senior editors, reporter follow-up (fact-finding, pitching, messaging, quote development/approval, executive interview coordination, etc.).
- Uncover and exploit exposure opportunities with key media outlets.
- Manage strategic visibility of strategic objective leaders, country and technical directors (as assigned).
- Advise and coach communication focal points on communications objectives, strategy and tactics and advise on maximising visibility opportunities.
- Mainstream programme communication principles within programme management cycle through collaboration with teams to tailor make communication solutions for individual programmes in consideration of social political climate.
- Includes: Work plans, budgets, implementation.
- Ensure appropriate budgeting and cost containment and tracking of communications related costs centres.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Communications Director.
Corporate level mandatory responsibilities
- Apply the highest standards of controls and risk management practices and behaviours and embed a positive risk and control culture.
- Demonstrate prudence, sound judgement and appropriate and timely escalations in management of all types of risk (including fraud risk) applicable to the role.
- Understand and comply with the relevant end-to-end processes including applicable risks and controls.
- Seek to identify, understand and escalate risk events/incidents/ issues on a timely basis focusing on fixing root-causes and taking ownership of identified mitigating actions.
- Complete all relevant mandatory trainings within the stipulated timelines.
- Ensure compliance with grant management procedures and guidelines including appraisal, selection, implementation, reporting and closure.
- Contribute to the development/revision of tools and procedures to document and share knowledge, incentivize staff/teams and enforce compliance and standards.
- Participate in regular informal and formal reflection, knowledge sharing and learning events.
- Document lessons learned and best practices for knowledge sharing and learning.
- Promote and adhere to TMEA’s core values and ensure compliance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Maintain zero tolerance to bribery, fraud and corruption, and ensure the immediate reporting of any corruption or suspect behaviour that threatens TMEA’s reputation.
- Adhere to the safeguarding policies and procedures and immediately report any safeguarding concerns.
- Any other related responsibilities that may be assigned by the Chief Results Officer from time to time.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as: communication and PR, Media, marketing or social sciences.
- OR a relevant post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline such as: communication and PR, Media, marketing or social sciences.
- For undergraduate degree holders, seven years’ relevant experience and postgraduate degree holders, five years’ relevant experience.
- At least five years’ experience working in communication or fundraising in an international development organisation, an International NGO or private sector organisation.
Technical skills and behavioural competencies
- Communication in International Development – Very good ability at communicating with internal and external partners and can articulate their communication needs; solid understanding of relevant international development topics.
- Social Media, Information Channels, and Communication Tools Awareness – Has moderate experience in and/or demonstrates excellent familiarity with and working knowledge of media channels and tools.
- Strong conceptual and research/analytical skills – Has the ability to think strategically and rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations. In-depth knowledge of social, political, and development issues in East Africa.
- Content Development – Has moderate experience in and/or demonstrates proficiency at a level sufficient to take full responsibility for the development of communication materials or lead others in developing drafts of communication materials.
- Content and Style Editing – Excellent written communications skills; has experience in and/or demonstrates substantive working or functional proficiency level sufficient to write, rewrite, or edit complex communications products for purposeful structure, clarity of ideas, and the logical, persuasive presentation.
- Communication Strategy, Planning, and Execution – Has moderate experience in and/or demonstrates a working or functional proficiency level sufficient to lead the planning, development, and execution of a communication strategy in support of defined objectives.
- Relationship Management and Political Awareness – Has moderate experience in and/or demonstrates a level of working or functional proficiency sufficient to strategize, plan, and implement the development and maintenance of relationships with critical internal and/or external constituencies to foster.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Has the ability to work effectively with internal/external partners in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge, Learning, and Communication – Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Analyses facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
- Access to Information Policy – Full understanding of risks and opportunities of increased access to information, with in-depth proficiency sufficient to handle the distribution, design, and delivery of communications products.
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.