The role will be responsible for budgetary management of the Franchise DME and Opex spend, administering the MEM tool & Opex Funds, while ensuring compliance with Company Standard Practices and Procedures.
Additionally the is expected to be the Financial Consultant to the marketing teams during negotiations of contracts to ensure optimization of spend for the Franchise – thus enabling realization of greater productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of Marketing and Opex dollars.
Contributes to provide the Franchise teams with accurate analysis, benchmarks and reports on a timely manner to ensure optimal allocation of resources in implementation of the Company’s business strategies.
DME & Opex Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Compile expected monthly DME expenses & submit monthly figures to Financial Planning
- Agreed and pre-align with the Marketing and Commercial teams monthly / quarterly spending.
- Monitor & provide feedback on financial risk and opportunities regarding DME on monthly basis.
- Requesting and Collating DME budgets from Marketing associates for in standardized templates by Initiative aligned with Income statement submissions and planning calendar
- Requesting and Collating OPEX budgets from Franchise and Department heads
- Set up & Co-ordinate BP Opex review meetings with FD & Function Managers
- Set up & Co-ordinate BP DME Alignment meeting for BU
- Upload BP DME & Opex in Financial system as per submissions and direction by Business Unit leadership within the stipulated BP financials guideline
- Summarize DME & OPEX by Country
- Provide Feedback to Franchise team on final approved DME & OPEX growth rates
- Load DME excl. of Hold Back [as per agreed budgets], in Financial system in a timely manner to ensure projects began on a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to Finance & Marketing Managers on how best to optimize on DME Spend
- Implement DME Optimization initiatives & advice marketing associates on expected benefits utilization of Legal Entities,
- Centralization of Purchasing, Media negotiations, Follow up on Bulk Media discounts, Local currency invoicing, etc.
- Implement ROI Pre and Post promotion tool on Main Campaigns run by the Marketing & Commercial teams
- Effect timely DME freeze & shifts on directives from BU leadership and approved RFA’s
- DME Productivity – Monthly review of key DME metrics
- Brand Contribution Report – Monthly update and Communicate key deviation to finance and marketing teams
- Agency Audits – Follow through on DME use age feedback with marketing team and have quarterly review on status.
- Media Contracts Review Support – Together with Media associates provide guidance on the financial aspects of the contracts for media contract negotiations and follow up on any discounts as proposed.
Be the Financial consultant relating for Marketing associates on Marketing Expenditure Mgt
- Monthly budget tracking and reporting by Country and Function
- Pro-actively manage Opex spend by : Having periodic meetings with function managers and Franchise FD to review status & suggest remedial actions where needed
- Review of actual Opex charges before close of month for reasonableness, flag issues for reallocation & follow up on charges that ought to have been made as per RE.
- Monthly check off that routine journal has been posted by GFO including Monthly Payroll, T&E, Office Expenses, etc…
- Supports continuous improvement by applying/creating/changing processes, systems.
- This role will be responsible for developing new System Models and Tools to track the performance of key financial metrics.
- In addition, the role is expected to provide leadership across the Franchise territories in all aspect of the KO Opex and DME negotiations.
- This position will require sophisticated and contemporary information management and superior analytic skills and expertise. The individual must also possess exceptional collaboration and organization skills/capabilities; with the ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Qualifications for the DME & Opex Analyst Job
- Type of previous work experience required: Financial planning, GFO,
- At least 3 to 5 years of Finance experience in similar roles.
- Minimum education level required to perform this job – University/Advanced Degree
- Required Certifications: Business Administration, Economics, Commercial Engineering
- Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
- Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
- Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to apply here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.