Legal Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs,
Job Title: Legal Officer Ii
Reporting Director Complaints, Investigations And Legal Services
Department Complaints, Investigations And Legal Services
Job Grade Caj 7
No. Of Posts 1
Terms Of Employment Permanent And Pensionable
The position will be based at CAJ – Nyahururu office and will:-
- Promote and facilitate resolution of complaints and disputes as per the Commission’s mandate
- Attend to clients on matters relating to the Commission’s mandate and offer legal advice;
- Represent the Commission in legal proceedings;
- Assist the Commission in conducting hearings, inquiries and investigations in matters falling within its mandate;
- Conduct legal research on matters relating to administrative justice and other legal matters;
- Prepare periodic reports on complaints handled by the Commission;
- Prepare legal and advisory opinions;
- Provide recommendations or remedial alternatives for resolution of disputes;
- Any other duty assigned by the Commission.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must;
- Have a Bachelor of Law Degree (LL.B) from a recognized university.
- Post graduate diploma in Law
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- Must be a member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing
- At least 3 years’ of post admission to the bar experience
- Ability to undertake research and provide sound legal opinions
- Knowledge and exposure to Alternative Dispute Resolution will be an added advantage
- Have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
Applicants will be required to submit copies of clearance or compliance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- A credit reference bureau
The closing date is on 9th March 2021 at 4.30pm.
The Application letter together with a detailed CV, Copies of certificates and clearances should be addressed to:
THE COMMISSION SECRETARY
COMMISSION ON ADMINISTRATIVE JUSTICE
2ND FLOOR, WEST END TOWERS- WAIYAKI WAY
P O BOX 20414 CITY SQUARE 00200
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.