Energy Manager Job, Engineering Kenyan Jobs 2022,
We are an Innovative and Agile Bank where we explore new frontiers and possibilities in the way we operate with each business partner to drive efficiencies and generate green solutions. By being proactive in the market we ensure energy efficiencies and conservation measures are well aligned to investment plans and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidates need to be keen on detail, cost-conscious and creative in coming up with energy budgets that are adopted by the Bank at all times. You are adept at training and educating all staff on energy reduction and local regulatory requirements. We are looking for a self-driven experienced professional to drive this mindset and display resilience even under fire. If this sounds like you then consider this exciting opportunity.
Reporting to the Head, Projects and Facilities, within the Sourcing and Facilities team, the Energy Manager will be charged with the responsibility of meeting regulatory requirements by identifying, monitoring and recording of energy levels and usage within the bank.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Prepare checklists and circulate to capture weekly, monthly and annual energy consumption in the business.
- Prepare and maintain records of diesel, water and electricity-consuming equipment for all premises.
- Identify high energy-consuming facilities and implement energy efficiency practices to reduce energy consumption.
- Monitor costs and control capital expenditure for projects within the agreed budget.
- Prepare reports, propose and set minimization measures to be taken by those companies contracted by the Bank.
- Arrange and ensure energy audits are carried out regularly and keep up to date with changes in legislation in accordance with the Energy Management Regulation and Energy Act, 2019.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and initiatives, including EPRA energy performance directives.
- Educate and train all staff by having innovative ideas to raise awareness on how to act in an energy-efficient way.
- Be proactive in driving new initiatives and adopting new more energy-efficient technologies.
- Control capital expenditure for projects ensuring that they are within the agreed budget, time and quality during the design and implementation/supervision stages.
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience in a role handling, monitoring and reporting energy consumption trends.
- Knowledge of industry requirements and regulatory compliance coupled with a good understanding of legislation in energy management.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames.
- Excellent business skills and knowledge of managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to deal professionally, confidently and effectively with staff and vendors at all levels, internally and externally.
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating the job reference number EM/HRAD/2022 by 30th May 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.