Our client, a Non-Deposit Taking Sacco regulated by the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) and based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Sacco Manager.
Reports to: Treasurer/Board of Directors
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Sacco Manager reports to the Board of Directors and has overall responsibility for the strategic and operational performance of the Sacco with a specific focus on growth and profitability. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Formulating and implementing an integrated strategic plan and providing strategic direction and leadership in accordance with the mandate of the Sacco.
- Oversee the supervision and execution of the day-to-day affairs of the Sacco.
- Facilitate the preparation and implementation of annual work plans.
- Grow the Sacco’s business in terms of products, loan portfolio and revenues and assets.
- Ensure timely presentation of financial, management and regulatory reports to the board, the members and authorized third parties including auditors, regulatory authority and the ministry for cooperatives.
- Identifies strategic and operational risks, ensures mitigation strategies are in place, and as appropriate, takes action to minimize any actual or potential impact.
- Ensure consistent compliance with the Society’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To provide support to the Board of Directors by organizing all Board and Sub Committee meetings, Annual and Special General Meetings and Supervisory meetings as and when required.
- Effectively implements the Board’s recommendations and directives.
- Ensure expenditures of the Sacco are within the authorized annual budget.
- Ensure safe custody of all funds, documents and property belonging to the SACCO and ensure their safe keeping.
- Implement excellent customer support services, which include daily handling of all members’ inquiries and maintaining an action log of all complaints.
- Ensure prompt tax remission annually.
- Ensure prompt remittance of society’s self-assessment tax returns.
- Preparation and coordination of an external audit, annually.
- Preparation of periodic budgets and reports in liaison with the accountant.
- Ensuring staff performance management through the implementation and tracking of performance targets and appraisals.
- Performs any other duty pertaining to this position that may be assigned by the line manager or board of directors.
- University degree in Business, Finance, Economics and other business-related courses from a recognized university.
- Accounting certification CPA(K).
- 5 years of working experience at a senior level in a busy accounting environment.
- Knowledge in Financial Accounting reporting.
- Prior working experience in cooperative movements will be an added advantage.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership experience.
- Assertive, pro-active, diligent and committed to high standards of service delivery
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to click on the link below and fill out the online application form and submit it by 24th June 2022. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.