Human Resource Officer Job, Kenyan HR Jobs 2022,
Our client, a SACCO based in South-Eastern Kenya is seeking suitable and qualified persons to fill the position of Human Resource Officer (Ref: HRO/10/2022) to plan, organize and implement human resources activities, aligned with the Sacco’s operational procedures, goals and strategies; coordinate and integrate all HR-related activities in compliance with existing laws and legislation.
- Plan, organize and implement human resources strategies and objectives; coordinate and integrate all HR activities toward the achievement of established Sacco goals and objectives.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating plan.
- Oversee Sacco’s employee relations to ensure productivity, building a highly inclusive culture for team members to thrive and attain outcomes.
- Adhere to state, regulatory authority and Sacco business policies requirements on HR, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary.
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
- Overseeing recruitment of personnel, including writing and placing job advertisements.
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling.
- Develop, implement and manage staff performance and professional development plan that aligns with Sacco’s mission, vision and objectives and drives high performance.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention and overseeing exit interviews.
- Develop and implement the HR Resource Plan and Human resource development Plan.
- Maintaining department records and reports.
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day office operations; oversee and coordinate overall office activities and provide administrative support to the executive leadership.
- Actively cross-sell the Sacco products and services to clients.
- Report on a monthly basis, employee-related issues and advice the C.E.O. on a quarterly basis.
- Assist colleagues through the contribution of technical opinions and analysis to solve issues.
- Endeavor to be a team player through work collaborations, sharing of new business ideas and mentoring new team members.
- Oversee the performance management system – performance reviews, and analysis.
- Coaching and Mentorship of staff, including staff welfare.
- Talent acquisition, talent management and Talent Retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related degree from a recognized University.
- Professional Certification for Human Resource Managers by a professional body (IHRM).
- Must be a Bonafide member of IHRM.
- Diploma in Co-operative Management (Just added advantage).
- At least 12 years of working experience in administrative and HR procedures and business systems experience in a financial institution. With at least 5years of experience at the Supervisory level or above
- Solid understanding of employment regulations and Laws.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Other professional qualifications are an added advantage e.g. CPS, ACCA, CISA etc.
- Minimum KCSE C+ mean grade.
Key Skills and Competencies
Essential knowledge/skills required:
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Strong acumen in human resource matters.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Proficient in advanced Microsoft office suite skills.
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Current understanding of Sacco business and human resource affairs.
- High level of professionalism and integrity.
Desirable knowledge/skills required:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assignment planning and project management skills.
- Good personal judgment and maturity.
- Self-confident and motivated.
- Sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Initiative and innovation.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to click on the link below and fill out the online application form and submit it by 08th November 2022. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 18th November 2022, consider your application as unsuccessful.