Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Temporary Logistics/Driver (10 positions) Job, Logistic Vacancies In Kenya,
Location: Kisumu, Siaya, Nyamira or Migori
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with
global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their
communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and
poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and
confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
In western Kenya, CMMB has been sub-granted by Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) to implement activities
under the New Funding Model of Global Fund for TB HIV/AIDS and Malaria (GFTAM) supporting two of the
HIV/AIDS high-risk counties in Kenya namely Migori (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West, Nyatike, Kuria
East, & Kuria West) and Siaya (Ugunja & Gem). The grant model seeks to contribute to attainment of universal
health coverage through comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment, and care for all people in Kenya. The model
is anchored across five program modules namely: HIV Prevention Programs; Prevention of Mother to Child
Transmission (PMTCT); Differentiated HIV Testing Services; Prevention Programs for Adolescents and Youth, In
and Out of School; Programs to Reduce Human Rights-Related Barriers to HIV/TB Services; Treatment, Care and
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have
strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage
accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our
employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We
especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
CMMB’s Finance and Administration Department plays a critical role in ensuring that CMMB efficiently and
effectively utilizes its resources in achieving its program goals through least cost and value for money. The
Department strives to ensure that all expenditures are in compliance with both CMMB policies, donor
requirements and National laws. Through a team of dedicated staff, the team upholds utmost integrity,
honesty, and love in the execution of their roles to achieve CMMB’s vision, mission and core values.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable
populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion
and illness prevention.
Reporting to the Global Fund Program Manager, the Logistics Assistant/Driver will be responsible for the safe
driving and care of CMMB vehicles and property. He/she will at all times comply with the traffic regulations and the
Organizations’ policies and regulations on vehicle Management as well as the Kenya Traffic Act CAP 403, Laws of
Perform daily, weekly, monthly transport duties.
▪ Drive Cmmb vehicles, and or equipment as shall be assigned by the Supervisor in a safe and economical
manner in conjunction with the regulations in place.
▪ The Driver is responsible for the routine check-up of the vehicles, routine check-up to include but not
limited to oil, brake function, water, lights & tire condition, windshield wipers, etc.
▪ Confirm availability of vehicle tools and equipment’s before, during and after work.
▪ The Driver shall always maintain assigned vehicles clean and in good condition, properly for the
convenience of the Organizations’ operations.
▪ The driver shall always stop the engine and electric power of assigned vehicles to save consumption of fuels
and the general vehicle engine performance.
▪ He/she shall ensure compliance with the given directives.
▪ The Driver shall handover the assigned vehicles by doing a comprehensive handover report before
departing for leave.
▪ Produce weekly records of approved mileage travelled.
▪ Assists with logistical matters, e.g., deliveries, visa applications, statutory payments, picking up and
collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned.
▪ Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ensure safety of the vehicle /passengers /materials.
▪ Embrace ownership, caution and responsible behaviour while driving to avoid any form of intoxication.
▪ Ensure safety of passengers on aboard Cmmb vehicles.
▪ Ensure vehicle first aid kit and fire extinguishers and other vehicle safety equipment are available and in
▪ He/She shall carry only authorized passengers as per the Organization policies on vehicle management.
▪ The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulations and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the
Traffic Act, Laws of Kenya.
▪ The driver shall at all times park the vehicles at the designated parking area/secure place with all doors and
windows locked, keys kept safely.
▪ Ensure that all passengers are on safety belts for trips within, and outside Nairobi.
▪ The driver shall always drive vehicles safely and comfortably and must exercise defensive driving while on
the road to prevent accident.
▪ Reckless driving shall be sufficient ground for the driver’s recall and consequently be a cause of disciplinary
▪ He/she shall adhere to Safety and Security regulations/SOPs.
Ensure all vehicles legal documentation or condition is met by the organization.
▪ Check validity of vehicle insurance covers, road license and Police inspection stickers.
▪ Ensure the assigned vehicle is serviced as stipulated in the periodic servicing schedules.
▪ Report license expiry dates to the Supervisor on time to facilitate renewals.
▪ The Driver shall update vehicles logbook particulars by making right entries.
▪ Clearly indicate in the Drivers’ logbook the amount of fuel taken and location.
Reporting of accidents and incidents
▪ Report immediately to the Police and Supervisor; not accepting liability on behalf of Cmmb.
▪ Present a comprehensive report to the management within 24 hours.
▪ Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education and Valid Driving license class BCE.
▪ You have 5 years of relevant work experience.
▪ You have significant relevant training or experience in defensive driving.
▪ You have a valid Certificate of good conduct.
▪ You have good communication, writing & interpersonal skills.
▪ You can effectively use Microsoft office packages.
▪ You are willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
▪ Willing and able to work in a team environment.
▪ You have good working knowledge of all major local road networks and city streets.
▪ You have experience in logistics.
▪ You are knowledgeable of the relevant laws and Traffic Act.
• You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
• You believe in CMMB, where we are going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives
How to apply
Visit our careers page for more information and click here
All applications must be received by 22nd April 2022. Locals are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.