Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Project Officer- Cervical & Breast Cancer Project, Nursing Job Vacancies In Kenya,
Location: Mutomo, Kitui
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with
global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their
communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and
poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and
confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the
community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the
leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen
health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities, and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help
meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy, and will
have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage
accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our
employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We
especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of
women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’
health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model. This team is also
responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and
other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the
field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable
populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion
and illness prevention.
You will be part of a team overseeing delivery on the goals of the Cervical and Breast Cancer project which include
primary and secondary prevention as well as optimization of utilization of cancer care and treatment services. You
will be expected to work directly with communities in creating demand for screening services. You will also work
with clinical teams in the health facilities to catalyse access to timely and quality cancer care and treatment. Lastly,
the nature of this role will expose you to work with program team and other stakeholders including Ministry of
Health teams towards stepped up advocacy and attention to the health of women. .
Support Service Delivery
• Support the overall implementation and day to day operations of the Cervical and Breast cancer project
including planning/coordinating, providing technical support and field supervision to the health facility
teams in terms of service delivery and capacity development.
• Support in planning, organizing and conducting trainings and capacity building initiatives for all program
supported teams including healthcare workers, Community Health Volunteers to support implementation
of project activities
• Assist in developing and standardizing programmatic tools and materials including: Standard Operating
Procedures; Educational and Training Materials; Program Evaluations and Reports; IEC materials
• Work with the implementing team and Program Manager to plan, construct and manage project budgets.
• Support the beneficiary health facilities to manage equipment, commodities and supplies inventory,
ordering, and distribution of supplies.
• Ensure technical rigor of program data collection, management, analysis and reporting. Collaborate with
the M&E Officer and Program Manager to ensure that the quality of dashboards and reports – represent
and evolve with the project.
• Participate in routine monitoring of mobile clinics and facility visits to identify gaps in quality assurance and
ensure program goals are achieved.
• In close collaboration with the CHAMPS Manager and M&E to ensure project related data is collected and
utilized to reinforce enhancement of patient management interventions.
• Monitor and evaluate implementation of program activities to identify gaps and challenges that should be
taken into account in order to develop and implement more innovative and integrated programming
• Contribute to the analysis of research data, interpretation of results and writing of manuscripts
• Work closely with MOH Kitui County Health Department to ensure cooperation as well as integration with
county health and development plans, priorities, systems and service delivery structures
• Liaise with county and national governments, donors, and other operational partners in Kitui via attendance
at meetings, Technical Working Groups, consultations, and other forums with the objective of advocacy for
Cervical & Breast cancer care identifying and building upon opportunities for collaboration that align with
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Clinical Medicine.
• You have at least 5 years’ hands-on experience in, RMNCAH clinical and programming in the rural context,
working with MoH
• You have excellent coordination and networking skills including liaison with stakeholders
• You have Technical expertise in critical components of integrated Cervical & Breast cancer and RMNCAH.
• Your analytical and writing skills are very good
• You have experience working with an NGO
• You have experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and have data analysis software skills
• You’re a timely and effective communicator with superior presentation skills and proven skills building
• You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
• You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to apply
Visit our careers page for more information and click here
All applications must be received by 22nd April 2022
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.