Legal Associate, CM Property Digest (CMPD) Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya 2022,
Our client, CM ADVOCATES LLP is a premier legal and business advisory firm in Kenya and within the East Africa Community (EAC) providing its customers with a one-stop-shop for their legal and business advisory needs.
The Nairobi Head Office seeking to fill the following position:
Legal Associate, CM Property Digest (CMPD)
CMPD is an online legal publishing company that provides three offerings; a monthly magazine, legal templates, and free articles covering legal updates and trends and developments in the property industry. CMPD is looking to hire a dependable resource with knowledge of all aspects of property law and conveyancing practice as well as legal writing with an ability to work in a consultative, collaborative, and flexible way.
This role presents a challenging and interesting opportunity to work with many specialized areas of the property sector and to develop drafting and research skills, effective interviewing skills, marketing skills, and product design skills.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
- Driving initiatives for successful execution of CMPD by the Firm’s teams and championing the importance of participation in thought leadership content creation and speaking engagements
- Developing a work plan that satisfies CMPD’s requirements and managing the work plan to consistently high standards
- Supporting the Firm’s Real Estate Banking & Finance Unit in identifying developing areas of practice, and new legislation or regulations and policies affecting the property industry
- Analysing and interpreting patterns and trends in the property industry, anticipating research issues and opportunities, administering property industry surveys, and preparing reports on the same
- Writing thought leadership articles and delivering presentations when required
- Reviewing and editing draft articles and ensuring the accurate and efficient publication of the CMPD monthly magazine
- Carrying out plagiarism checks
- Assisting the relevant teams with the maintenance and development of the CMPD website to ensure a positive user experience
- Promoting CMPD’s visibility and working with direct reports to build out a strategy that aligns with CMPD’s mission and vision
- Preparing interview questions, summarizing interviews into interview articles, and maintaining accurate records of interviews while safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Maintaining a database of all legal research material, articles, legal templates, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in law
- Equivalent of 3 – 5 years post qualification experience in property law and conveyancing practice, with the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Proven passion for writing
- Knowledge of research methodologies, concepts, practices, and procedures
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Critical thinking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent legal research skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop original research agendas
- Interpersonal skills
- Data collection
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] stating the subject heading “LEGAL ASSOCIATE – CMPD” by Friday 7th October 2022. Please also note to include current and expected remuneration (MANDATORY). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.