Clinical Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs in Kenya, KTTC Jobs
REF – KTTC/CO/01/20The
Kenya Technical Trainers College seeks to appoint a suitable candidate to the position of a Clinical Officer.
- College nurse(s)
- Laboratory Technologist
- First –Aider/Support staff
Purpose of the Job:
- This job exists to examine, diagnose and treat patients in the College dispensary and coordinate all operations within a Clinic/Dispensary which include clinical services and management.
Main Responsibilities of the Job:
- Supervise and allocate work to the senior nurses to ensure efficiency in delivery of services in the clinic/dispensary.
- Prepare workplan for the clinic/dispensary staff to guide on day to day operations of the clinic /dispensary in order to have effective and efficient service delivery.
- Responsible for diagnosis and treatment of patients in the clinic through history taking and carrying out of medical examination on the patients.
- Make appropriate and document patient’s diagnosis for future reference during treatment.
- c) Requisition for clinic/dispensary’s stock for replenishment from the procurement/purchase unit.
- Prescribe drugs to patients depending on the results of examination and diagnosis.
- Refer patients for further medical treatment to other medical center in cases where the patient’s case is beyond their ability to handle.
- Ensure maintenance and safety of records of the clinic’s Medical equipment, tools and drugs in the Dispensary/Clinic enhance ease of tracking of the assets and budgeting.
- Recommend patient’s admission for further medical attention.
- Attend to minor surgical problems through stitching and dressing.
- Ensure proper disposal of bio-hazardous materials in the clinic/dispensary to minimize accidents.
- Maintain security of the medicine cabinets to prevent contamination of medicine or lose of medicine through pilferage.
Nature of decision making:
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role: Diploma in Clinical Medicine or its equivalent Or Bachelors Degree in Clinical Medicine with not less than two years of experience
- Minimum level of professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role: Registration with Kenya Clinical Officers Board/Council.
- Minimum level of knowledge that would be regularly applied to the job (Need to know):
a) Knowledge of professional standards
b) Computer Literacy
c) Professional/discipline specific knowledge of theory and techniques in a specialized field, or knowledge of a number of fields acquired through tertiary education and /or considerable experience.
- Typical soft skills that would be regularly applied to the job (Attributes):
a) Interpersonal skills
b) Communication skills
c) Ability to work under pressure
d) Team player
e) Problem solving
f) Supervisory skills
g) Ability to build and lead cohesive team
h) Meet the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Relevant Experience Required:
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience four (4) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization or educational Institution.
- Job holder’s influence over practices, policies or strategy: Influences or changes specific administrative or operational practices in a team, section or department
- Job holders’ influence over subordinates and colleagues:
- Allocate work to subordinate
- Job holders’ influence over people outside the section but within the institution and people outside the institution
a) Convey information inside the unit/department/division/college
b) Convey information outside the unit/department/division/college
c) Convey information to the senior management level
How To Apply
Applications in one’s own handwriting with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional qualifications with relevant testimonials in plain sealed envelope marked with the job title and reference should reach the undersigned by 5th March 2020. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
NB: Emailed applications will not be acceptable.
THE CHIEF PRINCIPAL
KENYA TECHNICAL TRAINERS COLLEGE
P O BOX 44600 – 00100
Quick Read >>> How To Write Skills Section of Your CV
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.