Clinical Officer Job, Medical Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position Title: Clinical Officer
Reporting to: Clinical Officer In-Charge
Job Location: Dadaab
Duration: Short Term Contract of Three (3) Months with possibility of extension
The Clinical Officer’s main objective is to provide quality health care both outpatient and in-patient units through patient clerkship, diagnosis and treatment of diseases based on clinical signs and symptoms and available laboratory findings.
- Clinical assessment and prescription of treatment to all patients according to the MOH/WHO guidelines.
- To ensure that all patient registers and files are accurately filled and updated regularly.
- Maintain high standard confidentiality to all patients and treat all patients with respect and dignity.
- Conduct minor surgical procedures at the work station.
- Take a detailed patient history and updating treatment in the patient files for all patients being admitted in the wards
- Conduct and attend to ward rounds.
- Attend to medical emergencies at the hospital and the health posts.
- Attend and participate in weekly CMEs organised and conducted at the hospital boardroom.
- To supervise the medical assistants stationed at the health posts.
- Conduct on job trainings to all auxillary staff and incentive workers attached to that work station on a regular basis.
- Maintaining high quality of care provided to all patients.
- Identify the very sick and give treatment based on priority basis.
- Compile and submit reports on time.
- Ensure that universal precautions and infection prevention guidelines are adhered to.
- Attend to any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution
- Registered with Clinical Officers’ Council of Kenya and possess a valid practicing license
- Minimum of 2 years working experience preferably in a refugee setting.
- Cultural and diversity sensitivity, commitment and understanding on the values of Kenya redcross Society and the principles of equal opportunities.
- Clinical experience, skills and confidence.
- Able to work and deliver under pressure and difficult environmental conditions.
- Demonstrate leadership and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than so as to reach us not later than 29th October 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.