Clinical Officer Job, Current Medical Jobs,
REF No: CO/01/2021,
Responsible for providing high quality clinical health care and ensuring smooth running of the hospital following established treatment protocols
- Provide comprehensive and high-quality clinical services including (Take/review the patient’s history to ascertain the right clinical examinations and treatment and prescription of treatment) to patients.
- Order investigation and interpretation of results for diagnosis and explain the results to the patients and the intended treatment.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment, write prescriptions, and carry out other treatment activities while ensuring that established treatment protocols are effectively followed.
- Attend to emergencies presenting to the clinic and recommend referrals for cases that cannot be managed.
- Ensure that all required observations and vitals, prescribed treatment and procedures are carried out and documented on patients’ charts.
- Create phenomenal patient experiences, including counseling and sensitizing patients through health talks on preventive and promotive health.
- Embrace, learn and develop in an evidence-based medical system in line with Karen Hospitals protocols.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- When necessary, arrange for patient referrals or consultations to Main Hospital for specialty or higher-level management.
- Participate in outreaches or other activities such as health talks or community programs.
- Handle patient data/ information confidentially at all times.
- Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate and complete medical records.
- Actively participate in clinical training programs, including on-job training and skills building.
- Diploma/HND in clinical medicine and surgery from a recognized institution.
- Echo cardiology training is an added advantage.
- 3 years of work experience after internship
- Registered with Clinical Officers Council and have a valid practicing license
- Outstanding patient interaction/customer care skills are a must
- Great team player with drive for results and enjoys being part of a team
- Demonstrable leadership, Organization and decision-making skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website and send your CV to us via email to: email@example.com quoting the reference number
Deadline for submission is 15th January 2021
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.