Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Clinical Educator Job, Medical Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Job Title CLINICAL EDUCATOR
Reports to CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER with a dotted line to CONSULTANT OBSTETRICIAN/GYNECOLOGIST
Department CLINICAL OPERATIONS
Purpose/Objective The position is responsible for providing leadership for professional development and implementation of programs and support services that enhance the theoretical knowledge and clinical practice of the clinical workforce. This includes the planning and development of education and training programs that complement the development and review of policy and procedures with a strong focus on evidenced-based practice. The incumbent will be accountable for the development, coordination and evaluation of consistent clinical practice, policies, protocols and procedures that are competency based. In addition, he/she will be responsible for clinical staff induction and continuous orientation to ensure quality of practice is upheld as well as the right culture is
About Jacaranda Maternity
Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa. Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, dignified, patient-centred care at affordable prices. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facilities have been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya. Our values play a large role in helping shape the quality of care we provide:
We have big ambitions and we are looking for people who will adhere to these values and have the highest work ethics. Will you join us and help transform maternal and newborn healthcare in East Africa?
• Degree in Nursing, Clinical Education, Clinical Medicine & Surgery or relevant field, Master’s Degree in same field is highly desirable with certificates of PRONTO, TOT, BLS & ACLS
• Minimum of 7 years as a general nurse or clinical officer, with at least 5 years midwifery experience or experience in a busy maternity ward
• Proficient in PC based computer skills including Excel & PowerPoint. Experience using an ERP is desirable
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
• Leadership skills involving change management, motivational and team development skills together with the ability to apply complex problem- solving strategies.
• Ability to develop, coordinate, deliver and evaluate education and training programs that incorporate contemporary adult learning principles.
• Ability to interpret and facilitate the implementation of policy/guidelines and evidence-based practice.
• Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills including comprehensive reports and advice for key internal and external partners.
• Proficient facilitation and presentation skills preferred alongside proficient computer skills.
• Ability to drive environment, safety and health initiatives in the organization including coordinating audits
Key behavioral competencies • Continuous improvement – Commitment to ongoing professional development and the capacity to apply knowledge and skills to develop innovative improvement strategies.
• Adaptability and decisiveness – ability and confidence to vary between being flexible and holding firm on a decision, depending on what the situation requires
• Willingness to adhere to Jacaranda’s values and demonstrate initiative through the ability to be able to take action to address needs without being told to do so
• Top notch organizational skills- ability to identify and set priorities, plan effectively and allocate appropriate resources as well as attend to details to ensure high quality outcomes
• Interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively with different people, acknowledge diverse opinions, minimizing conflict and promoting harmony
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply through this link: https://jacarandamaternity.applytojob.com/apply/92KWT4a067/Clinical-Educator
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: October 16th 2020
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter