Reporting to the Construction Manager
- Function as technical coordinator and supervisor on engineering projects.
- Function as Trade Chief Inspector on engineering projects and report findings to superior daily.
- Engineering knowledge to interpret, implement, coordinate, construction documents, layouts, drawings, technical specifications.
- Engineering knowledge to assess and comment and approve others work performed under direct supervision.
- Professional knowledge of local buildings codes and safety laws and regulations as well as international standards.
- Review development plans for compliance to engineering standards, policies, or details and ensure full coordination between all associated trades.
- Perform engineering supervision duties surrounding the following; design documents, urban planning, public works, civil defense, civil aviation, compounds, hospitalities, recreations, buildings, sub-divisions, traffic, road, airport, tunnel, facades, interiors, finishes, transport systems, green features and environmental systems.
- Coordinate the activities of the design and construction supervision teams as and when required during the construction stages.
- Review and comment on contractor presented documentation and/or proposed changes to design documents and coordinate with design team when necessary.
- Review and comment on contractor presented project close out documentation.
- Implement QA/QC procedures as applicable and approved at the project.
- Prepare and issue technical reports as required as well clear daily records and diary entries.
- Attend meetings, site visits and inspections and required.
- Shall ensure that all the materials submitted for approval are those specified.
- Will assume responsibility for on-site activities and ensure, among other things, the proper coordination of the review of shop drawings, materials submittals, method statement, as-built drawings etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized university
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a related field.
- Must be a valid member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya
- Must be a registered engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya.
How To Apply
Experience in working in a hydrothermal project will be an added advantage.
Candidates should submit their applications (indicating the position on the subject head) including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and updated detailed CV indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, names of at least two (2) professional referees, remuneration and day time telephone to [email protected]
Applications should be received no later than Wednesday 27th March, 2019
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.