Human Resource Manager Jobs at CISP
Location of work: Nairobi with travels to CISP Offices in the Region
Duration: 16 months (renewable); with 3 months’ probation
Reports to: Regional Administrator
Start of work: 1st September 2017
Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli (CISP), or International Committee for the Development of Peoples, is an International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) set up in 1982 and formally established in 1983 with its Headquarter in Rome (Italy).
In collaboration with various local partners, CISP carries out projects in areas of humanitarian assistance, rehabilitation and development, in more than 30 countries in Africa, Latin America, Middle East, Asia and East Europe.
CISP’s mission is to promote fundamental rights for all, to participate in development, peacekeeping, recovery and emergency response processes in partnership with all key stakeholders.
CISP is now seeking a Human Resource Manager to be based in Nairobi Regional Office with missions to its Field Offices in the East African Region.
The Human Resources Manager will guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resource services and the organization development by ensuring that the Regional Office and its field office HR operations and systems are effectively reviewed, implemented and monitored in line with statutory requirements, CISP and donor policies and standards.
Human Resource Manager Job Responsibilities
Provision of HR services
- Support the development and review of Human resource plans, prepare annual budget for salary and benefits.
- Archive soft and hard copies of all documents related to present and new staff including: insurance, leave timesheets.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of monthly payroll and out of payroll payments, Liaise with the insurer and pension administrator regarding employee benefits and services.
- Manage the Insurance Policies under the medical schemes available at CISP, in particular Ensure accuracy of premiums charged/credited under both the medical and group accident schemes and the utilization schedules.
Job Vacancy Announcement
- Guide all employees in the implementation of the HR Manual and Procedures and facilitate its implementation; this includes guidance and participation in all recruitment processes, contract renewal and termination.
- Efficiently support the Program team to achieve their objectives and goals as defined by the Regional Administrator and the Regional Coordinator.
- Create and manage an HR database and establish networks and linkages of prospective workforce.
- Provide orientation sessions to CISP employees on Human Resources policies and procedures and monitor its implementation
- Manage employee communication and feedback; manage internal conflicts and staff grievances. Guide and implement after management approval CISP disciplinary procedures in liaison with the organization’s lawyer to prevent litigations.
- Prepare and review all types of employment contracts (employee, casual, consultancy etc.) and liaise with Organization’s lawyer for approval of contractual information.
- Monitor contractual period, process and manage contract renewals, employment changes and termination notices in collaboration with employee’s line manager.
- Lead the implementation of the employer’s safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data.
- Establish an in-house employee training system and maintain employee training records.
- Organize internal trainings relevant for performance of HR functions to Project Managers and Officers at CISP.
- Lead the implementation of the Performance Management system.
HR advisory role
- Keep the management informed of new developments on Human Resources legislations, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Kenyan and Somalia labor laws.
- Take charge of the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Serves as the primary contact with the organization Attorney and outside government agencies including the NGO Coordination Board.
- Suggest modification of Human Resources policies and procedures if needed.
- Participate in the HR Manual review and disseminate any new approved policy or procedures among CISP staff.
- Participate in preparation of HR systems, processes and tools improvement that meet the global standards and applicable in a fragile context.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters at all times.
- Be innovative to cope with the demand of a changing workforce and external factors while entrenching a good
- organization culture that compliments CISP values and mission.
- Represent CISP in meetings when requested.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements for the Human Resource Manager Job
- Must have a proven track record of integrity and honesty and the ability to apply HR principles in a fair and consistent manner.
- Police Clearance Certificate from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID).
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices and experience working with an International NGO
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English as well as negotiation and report writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Excellent organizational management skills with ability to plan and meet deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a multicultural workplace in post conflict environments.
- Proven training & facilitation skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization
- Development from a reputable institution.
- A member of IHRM
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions (preferably with International NGOs)
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and labor relations as added advantage.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons, with the required qualification and experience are invited to submit their application to the Human Resource at: [email protected] and cc: [email protected] by close of business 14th July 2017.
Email subject: “Application for the position of Human Resource Manager.
Application should include:
CV (not exceeding 4 pages), including 3 references.
Cover letter (1 page maximum), including current and expected remuneration
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information about CISP, please visit www.cisp-ngo.org.
CISP is strongly committed to ending Child Abuse, all forms of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, and to building a work environment that is safe and welcoming for all, where Sexual Harassment does not take place. The desired candidate for any position should share and support this commitment in all aspects of their personal and professional behaviour. Any history implicating that the applicant has a history of Child Abuse, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, or Sexual Harassment, is a reason for excluding him or her from employment with CISP.