Communication Internships at International Potato Center
The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks a highly talented Communication Intern for the Building Nutritious Food Basket (BNFB) Project.
The Center: CIP (http://www.cipotato.org) is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor.
The intern will work under the supervision of the Capacity Development & Communications Specialist to assist in the development and coordination of advocacy and behavior change communication materials and messages for the project.
Duties for the Communication Internships
Content creation and dissemination
- Support the development of BNFB’s advocacy and promotional materials including success stories, banners, factsheets; flyers; BNFB/policy briefs, posters and other promotional materials;
- Assist in developing meta data, uploading and updating BNFB materials on to various platforms including the sweetpotato knowledge portal; CIP website and various platforms;
- Assist in editing BNFB’s audio and video interviews for publication on the various portals including BNFB webspace;
- Assist in writing blog messages and behavior change communication messages.
- By following selected key stakeholder sites and social media accounts, select relevant content and draft twitter and Facebook posts for review, bearing in mind good social media practices such as mentions and hashtags.
- Help to publicize new BNFB content on the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal; Twitter, LinkedIn; Facebook, Pinterest and other agreed upon social media sites.
- Schedule social media posts by use of Buffer and other social media scheduling tools.
- Creation of media galleries
- Assist in selecting and publishing BNFB photographs on Flickr and other BNFB uses;
- Help to craft captions and credit information for BNFB’s photographic collection before posting;
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Capacity Development and Communications specialist.
Communication Internships Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, Journalism, Media Studies; Information Science, Public Relations, Marketing or a related area.
- High level of computer literacy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of WordPress, MS Office, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Experience in writing articles in a newsroom setting is an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills, presentation skills and communication skills (including an excellent command in English both oral and written);
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals through email and in person;
- Highly effective at use of social media, networking and at securing information and expertise;
- Highly proactive and consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Conditions: This is an internship position open to Kenyan citizens only. The internship contract will be for a period of three months with the possibility of renewal, subject to performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website (https://cipotato.org/internships/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V. with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
Screening of applications will begin on 13 November, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org**.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply *
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.