Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Position: Program Director
Location: Eastern (Machakos, Makueni, Kitui), Western (Kisumu and Migori)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is seeking to recruit a Director for Technical Program Implementation. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Machakos, Makueni and Kitui and Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The Project Director will provide technical leadership, programmatic oversight and coordination for the program. S/he will lead technical strategy, ensure the implementation of technical best practices in alignment with donor and country policies and procedures and guide inputs needed to ensure fidelity/quality and effectiveness of program, including, but not limited to development of conceptual framework; leadership and evaluation of project effectiveness and performance and quality improvement processes. S/he will ensure design and approaches for phasing of program approaches, sustainability and coordination with and transition of approaches, human resources, infrastructure to the local government.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
· Masters in medical related-field, Public Health, Epidemiology, or health related field
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in implementing HIV programs, with at least 3 in a senior level position.
· Minimum of five years’ experience designing and managing complex HIV/AIDS prevention programs.
· Experience working in PEPFAR funded programs, and USG donor’s regulations.
· Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint