Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
POSITION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
REPORTS TO: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Reviewing, recording and prioritizing purchasing requests and obtaining additional information/documentation as required; providing assistance to requisitions in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services; proposing product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings; determining the availability of funding sources.
Oversee the procurement function to ensure that all procurement is undertaken as per laid down laws, rules and regulations, while enforcing transparency and accountability in the procurement process to ensure value for money.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide technical leadership to drive the implementation of procurement and supplies policies and plans aimed at cost effective acquisition of high quality, materials, goods and services.
· Prepare procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, funding sources as well as expected outcomes
· Develop and implement flexible and responsive procurement and stores management system for monitoring and tracking costs as well as maintaining up-to-date inventory of goods and services.
· Develop detailed tender specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of capital equipment,
· Goods and services in strict compliance with the organizations approved policy as well as donor requirements
· Develop and implement MGIC’s Procurement strategies and policies
· Provide oversight to sourcing in support of project activities and conduct training on procurement, sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines on property management.
· Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance.
· Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements.
· Ensures project procurements are conducted within the stipulated timelines (timely project procurements)
· Review, up-date, interpret and implement existing procurement regulations, procedures and systems; prepare and ensure implementation of the procurement manual.
· Ensure timely and efficient implementation of procurement strategy and ensure that departmental performance targets are set and achieved.
· Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents.
· Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with terms and conditions of the contract.
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 24th September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “**PROCUREMENT OFFICER**” on the subject line also indicating preferred location. **
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.