Nurse Counsellor Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya,
POSITION: NURSE COUNSELLOR (2)
LOCATION: KITUI MWINGI DiCE /MAKUENI MAKINDU DiCE
REPORTS TO: CLINICAL OFFICER DiCE IN-CHARGE
The Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (CIHEB) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Nurse Counsellor will be responsible for provision of clinical services both at the drop-in center (DiCE) and outreaches. They will coordinate and take charge to oversee clinical services at the outreach sites and supervise Peer Educators (PEs) and Outreach Workers (ORWs) to enhance optimum Key Population (KP) community mobilization for services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focal person at the DiCE in coordinating PEs, ORWs, and PHDP champions, ensuring community mobilization is optimized towards KP Prev target achievement.
- Render ART services to KPs as per the National guidelines for ART.
- Ensure all clients initiated on ART are screened for TB and all those eligible for IPT are initiated on IPT.
- Screening and treatment of STIs as per the current algorithm.
- Offer cervical cancer screening to sex workers.
- Take lead of clinical services at the outreach sites.
- Support the DiCE in charge populate monthly reports in ART, TB, and other clinical services rendered.
- Ensure completeness of the clients’ folders and entry to respective registers including cohort registers and Kenya EMR.
- Any other program duty as may be assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Education: Diploma in Nursing/clinical medicine with a valid practicing license and registered with reputable Council in Kenya
- Experience: Two (2) years’ working experience in a clinical setting (experience in KP is an added advantage)
Skills and Attributes:
- Good Interpersonal/communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Results orientated
- Good Leadership skills
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Motivation and Innovation
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 04 November 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “NURSE – (LOCATION)” on the subject line also indicating preferred location.
The Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (CIHEB) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.