Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
POSITION: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (2)
REPORTS TO: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Job Summary **
The IT Officer will be responsible for providing assistance to staff on IT issues and acting as a liaison between staff and the technical escalation team. The post holder will be responsible for supporting ICT needs such as network administration; system security, development and maintenance of related information systems; user support training; inventory management and help desk support system among other roles
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with IT issues and respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a help desk management system;
· Track issues to resolution updating the internal knowledge base and/or communicating learning’s with relevant business units;
· Act as a liaison between staff and technical escalation teams;
· Manage corporate accounts for services and contracts obtained from IT service providers;
· Perform IT inventory management;
· Planning and scheduling clean-up jobs on Performance Maintenance contracts and in addition performing performance maintenance of all computers;
· Support health facilities supported by university of CIHEB-K in IT related issues including training of staff on IT issues; troubleshooting of computers and related peripheries; handling networking issues; basic repairs for site computers, printers and related peripherals
· Carry-out analysis of ICT requirements, assist in preparing system specification by the users and recommend solutions to address user
· Enhance existing systems by analyzing business requirements, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
· Monitor the performance of the ICT systems in and troubleshoot operational issues for corrective action
· Document all user requests and challenges, Investigate, determine possible solutions and implement them.
· Provide help desk support on ICT and coordinate resolution on the same.
· Maintain and track software licenses compliance for the application or system. Includes licenses for application as well as operating system, database, client, etc.
· Ensure that networks, systems and services are available to users and that information is processed and transferred correctly, preserving its integrity.
The ideal candidate should have: