Travel Logistics Officer Job, Current Administration Jobs In Kenya 2022,
This position is primarily responsible for the coordination and follow-up of logistics for all CWS travel, as well as preparing travel itineraries of official CWS staff travel in accordance with the CWS standard operating procedures within Sub Sahara Africa and Internationally.
This position provides support to CWS Sub –Offices within the region.
Travel and Logistics
- Requests for domestic and international flight schedules, itineraries, bookings, and tickets from local travel agents for efficient and cost effective travel.
- Works with Programs Management and other travelers to plan and execute all confirmed travel.
- Works with relevant embassies to obtain visas for staff travel, makes hotel reservations when required, coordinates ground transportation and other travel arrangements for CWS staff and visitors.
- Prepares travel authorizations for all travelling staff.
- Maintains updated shared logistics resources.
- Regularly reviews all issues raised in the issue logs after travel is complete, makes follow up with the vendors and updates the log with feedback.
- Works directly with Logistics officers in region offices on required logistics work.
- Conducts site assessments in processing locations when required.
- Maintains updated travel costs for all regions.
- Participates in annual travel budget costing and preparation.
- Monitors travel budget in the assigned locations and reports any additional costs.
- Maintains a tracking system for all partner Invoices across the sub offices to ensures they are captured and processed in a timely manner.
- Use ERP system to raise requisitions, review payments and reconcile vendors.
- Works closely with Procurement and Accounts to ensure vendor payments are processed as per policy.
- Conducts vendor reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
- Regularly reviews travel expenses while renegotiating with vendors for competitive rates.
- Reviews CWS trip reports and communicates follow-up items to the Logistics Supervisor.
- Reviews monthly invoices for local taxi service providers, ensures correct rates are being charged and also identifies local versus regional travel expenses.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned to ensure the logistical support of operations
- related to official travel and other program objectives
- Four (4) years of paid work experience is required.
- Administrative experience in supply chain is required..
- Knowledge in Amadeus booking tool is preferred.
- Demonstrated written and verbal English skills;
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal relations
- Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workload
Education & Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, or four (4) years working experience required in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Maintain the integrity of confidential financial and personnel information; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision; take initiative;
- Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information; manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation; effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa;
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
How to Apply