Health Records & Information Officer Job, Other Professions,
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for high a calibre, self-motivated, and dynamic individual to fill the Health Records and Information Officer position to be based in Nyeri County.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Facility in Charge, the Health Records and Information Officer will be responsible for providing support to the health facilities in medical documentation, data management, data analysis and reporting.
- Ensure availability of necessary data collection and reporting tools at the facility, including patient cards/files, registers, reporting tools and databases
- Maintain data security and confidentiality
- Guide the facility staff on effective data management, especially on correct and complete documentation
- Ensure all required data summaries and facility reports are complete, accurate and timely
- Coordinate reporting for the facilities through DHIS
- Participate in data collection for program monitoring and research
- Review data prior to submission to DHRIO/ uploading into DHIS
- Scheduling and participating in facility data quality audits
- Cleaning EMR and DHIS data
- Ensure the facility EMR is up-to-date
- Perform regular back-up of EMRs
- Assist in compilation of ad-hoc or systematic data analysis, and share with the facility staff during MDT meetings
- Support innovative ways of data presentation to ensure maximum and timely utilisation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma in Health Records and Information from a recognised medical training college
- Work experience as a HRIO in a health setting
- Work experience with EMRs in a health setting is an added advantage
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to [email protected], clearly indicating the subject title: Health Records and Information Officer: CHSI/HRIO/01/2021 by 5.00 PM Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
CHS Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.