Chief Photojournalist Jobs, Communication Jobs, County Government Jobs, Kirinyaga County Jobs
Job Group ‘M’
Job Ref: KCPSB/CPJ/M/02/26/03/19
Terms of Service: Contract
An officer at this level will be deployed in the Communication Directorate at the County Headquarters and will report to the Director Communication.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Maintaining technical standards for photographs and darkroom studio operations;
- Process photos by developing negatives or editing digital images to produce clear visuals
- Compose headlines, captions or other descriptive tag to interpret a photo
- Use photo editing software such as Print Shop Pro or Photoshop to edit or enhance an image
- Travel to local and international regions to cover the photo requirements of a story
- Collaborate with reporters to ensure images correspond with news stories
- Present photos to editors or supervisors to review and approval
- Manage time effectively in order to achieve assigned tasks
- Conduct research to verify facts about an event or incident prior to photo shoot
- Keep record of photographs in an image database
- Manipulate parameters such as lighting, focus, depth and distance to obtain clear images
- Capture images of life-threatening situations such as crisis, war or extreme weather conditions
- Use a variety of cameras to take photographs of important county locations, people, county events or moments
- Providing photographs for uploading onto County website and Information Resource Centres;
- Documenting news, information and features through photography;
- Caption writing and designing picture stories;
- Editing photographs;
- Organizing photographic coverage and determining quality of photographic images, prints and colour slides.
- Served in the grade of Senior Photojournalist or an equivalent and comparable position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Diploma/Higher Diploma from a recognized institution with five (5) years working experience in photojournalism/Photography;
- Eye for details
- Able to operate various photography tools and equipment to obtain images for a publication
- Display level of courage when working to obtain images under difficult circumstances
- Knowledge of photo editing programs such as Photoshop and other similar software that is necessary for the job.
- Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic and Professional certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport and
- Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before Friday, 5th April 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply. Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission. Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website: www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.