Chief Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs In Kenya, Bomet County Jobs
Position; Chief Oficer
The Chief Officer shall be the Accounting and Authorized Officer with respect to the exercise of delegated powers and shall report to the County Executive Committee Member in charge of Medical Services and Public Health for administration and other duties as provided under Section 46 of the County Governments Act 2012.
- General strategic administration and co-ordination of the department
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans
- Implementation of policies and regulations
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Formulation and implementation of effective programmes geared towards streamlining the departments to attain county CIDP and the Governor’s Manifesto
- Prudently utilizing and managing the physical/financial/human resources in the County.
- Building capacity and backstopping the county managers/staff.
- Overseeing management of finances, preparation and submission of budget estimates, annual work plans and
- Overseeing the implementation and monitoring of performance management
- Mainstreaming integrity assurance in projects and
- Promoting collaboration of stakeholder participation in extension service
- Participating in M&E of projects and programmes in the
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Membership of the relevant professional body will be an added
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, 3 of which should be in a senior/managerial position in a large organization;
- Must have undergone continuous senior management training and/or strategic leadership development
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County development objectives and Vision
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the
- Be a strategic thinker and results-oriented;
- Must have self-drive and initiative to executive programs
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to inspire and motivate development partners, employees, volunteers, and diverse client groups
- Must be familiar with financial management processes including procurement, budgeting
- Must demonstrate competence in planning and ability to manage implementation of projects and programmes
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
- Proficiency in computer applications is required
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted online on or before 26th February, 2020 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, cpsbbomet.net or from a link in Bomet County website www.bomet.go.ke. Manual applications will not be accepted. Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 will be required for those shortlisted
The Secretary /C.E.O Public Service Board P.O Box 605-20400
‘’The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.’’
MUST READ >>> What Are Seven Lessons That People Often Learn Too Late In Life?
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.