Chief Nutrition Officer Jobs, Nutrition Jobs, KNH Jobs
JOB GROUP 4 (P); (1 POST)
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Medical Services, the Chief Nutrition Officer will be responsible for the planning, organizing, controlling, supervising and evaluating the nutrition services in the Hospital.
- Formulating and reviewing of Policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Initiating and reviewing nutrition programmes.
- Providing guidelines on supplemental and therapeutic diets for existing and emerging diseases for Hospital use.
- Developing nutrition information, education, promotion and communication materials.
- Providing nutrition consultancy support.
- Developing specialized diets for special needs.
- Providing nutrition services in specialized clinics.
- Supporting inpatient and outpatient management.
- Planning and preparing Hospital menus.
- Facilitating training.
- Conducting, monitoring and evaluating infant and young child feeding programmes.
- Conducting research on nutrition and dietetics and preparing reports.
- Developing nutrition guidelines.
- Attending Doctors’ ward rounds and giving technical advice.
- Conducting data audits in the Hospital.
- Guiding on specifications and procurement and distribution of nutrition equipment and supplies.
- Preparing reports.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietetics/Clinical Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition, Home Economics and Nutrition or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietetics/Clinical Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition, Home Economics and Nutrition or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant experience with at least three (3) years’ experience as Deputy Chief Nutrition Officer or in a comparable role.
- Certificate in Leadership/Management course.
- Registration by the Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute.
- Valid practicing certificate.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 12th August 2019 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
- For those applying for positions Job Group K5 to K1, you may apply online and attach relevant copies of certificates and testimonials through the email address; [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.