Chief Manager Jobs, Communication Jobs, USIU Jobs
Reporting to the Director of University Advancement, the Chief Manager, Development will spearhead the University development strategy as part of its strategy to expand and diversify its revenue streams.
- Strengthen the capacity of USIU-Africa to harness non-tuition income of the University.
- Develop, implement and monitor policies, plans, strategies, and outputs.
- Manage a diverse and innovative portfolio of development (fundraising) programs.
- Manage the development (fundraising) team and work closely with Alumni Relations, Partnerships and External Linkages, Schools, and other University stakeholders.
- Maintain a database and monitor all University non-tuition revenues.
- Work with staff and volunteers to ensure that all fundraising activities are consistent with the overall mission and policies.
- Develop, implement and monitor effective use of the departmental budget.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Business related studies, Communications or International Relations from an accredited university.
- Seven years experience in fundraising, preferably in higher education settings
- Demonstrated management experience of at least five years in a multi-level and cross-cultural relations in an international environment.
- Member of the Kenya Association of Fundraising Professionals or equivalent.
Skills and Competencies
- Grant writing
- Relationship management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Organizational skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good computer, CRM, and database skills
- Management skills
- Strategic planning experience
- Budget forecasting and monitoring experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage staff
- Able to deliver to strict deadlines
- Strategic decisions
- Tactical Decisions
- Relationship management
- Conflict resolution
How To Apply
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to [email protected] by Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.