Chief Internal Auditor Job, Audit Jobs 2020, County Government Jobs December,
Kiambu County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
Pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 59 of the County Government Act, 2012, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in the County.
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR – (JOB GROUP CPSB 07) 2 POSTS
Job Reference No: KCPSB/FEP 8/2020 Number of Posts: Two (2)
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract –Renewable Remuneration: As per SRC Guidelines
Job Purpose & Reporting Responsibility
This position is responsible for organization, coordination and control Audit exercises in the county.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance processes of a public entity;
- Preparing assignment work/engagement plan;
- Leading an audit team;
- Vouching transactions in audit investigation and verification assignments;
- Collecting and analyzing data and statistics;
- Preparing and submitting audit findings;
- Preparing and maintaining audit files/ working papers for assignment;
- Monitoring implementation of audit recommendations;
- Preparing training and budget proposals;
- Coaching and mentoring of staff
- Be a holder of at least a first degree in any of the following: Commerce/Business Administration (Accounting, or Finance) Economics, Statistics or its equivalent from a recognized university in Kenya;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) III / Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) III / Certified Information Systems Auditor or Certificate in Certified Fraud Examiner or any other relevant recognized professional qualification;
- Be a member of either Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-K), Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) or Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) or any other relevant recognized body;
- Five (5) years relevant working experience in comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private Sector.
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport
and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Posted Applications should be addressed to the:
County Public Service Board County Government of Kiambu
P.O Box 2362-00900
Hand Delivered applications should be provided at the County Public Service Board offices, Room 103, first floor at Thika Sub-County offices between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm on weekdays.
Applicants should seek clearance from authorities listed below and attach copies of evidence valid as at 2020
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before 5pm of 11th December, 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their application.
The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should be reported to Police.
- Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through only our official line- 0709 877 000
- The Board is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disability are encouraged to apply
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted