Chief Financial Officer Job, Current Accounting Jobs, Latest Finance Jobs, NGO Jobs 2020,
Job title: Chief Financial Officer
A wildlife conservation not-for-profit organization is looking to hire a Chief Finance Officer who will play a leadership role in guiding and shaping the organization’s financial strategy. This is key to achieving financial sustainability and delivering value for money to the Board, Donors and supporters through continual growth and innovation.
Financial Strategy, Planning and Performance
- In collaboration with senior leadership, develop and implement long term plans to ensure financial sustainability.
- Oversee all budgeting and forecasting processes. This includes support of the conservation programme teams in defining and managing budgets and programmes.
- Monitor performance against financial targets and budgets whilst managing any deviations.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as well as forecasts to management and donors.
- Proactively identify and resolve financial, regulatory or reporting issues. Ensure that all relevant stakeholders are made aware to avoid surprises.
- Provide financial statements, reports and analysis to the Board and other Committees to assist with decision-making.
- Financial Operations and Controls
- Ensure that WWF has the right financial systems. All system implementations have to meet the needs of the organization and users.
- Ensure financial controls to safeguard the organization’s assets are in place and adhered to.
- Effective and efficient management of treasury and accounting operations.
- Own the internal and external audit processes to ensure that all recommendations are effected.
- Provide guidance in all areas related to finance and accounting.
- Leadership and People Management
- Lead, supervise, motivate and develop the Finance and Operations team.
- In collaboration with the Human Resource function, understand and address the training gaps of the team.
- Maintain staff discipline and effectively handle staff grievances in consultation with the HR function.
- 10+ years in a similar role, NGO background is preferred.
- First degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Entrepreneurship, Commerce, Business Administration or related field.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- A CPA (K) or ACCA professional qualification; a member of a professional body in good standing.
- Determined, decisive, proactive, credible and delivery oriented.
- Continually challenges the status quo yet inspiring and collaborative.
- Sound knowledge of donor compliance regulations (preferred).
- Knowledge of Financial and ERP systems (preferred).
- Experience of delivering effective change processes (preferred).
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (CFO) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27th November 2020.
Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted.
Our agency does not charge candidates to receive applications or interview. All personal details are confidential as per the data protection Act of Kenya.