Chief Finance Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs, Financial Management Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Kenyatta University Jobs
Kenyatta University seeks to recruit competent and dedicated applicants to fill up the following positions:
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor and Deputy Vice Chancellor ( Finance & Development ) , the
Chief Finance Officer will oversee, coordinate and provide strategic guidance on financial management and accounting services through implementation of University Financial regulations.
- Be the head of the Finance Department in the University and ensure it has all the required Human Resource and non-human resources to operate optimally.
- Ensure preparation and timely submission of annual University Budget and Estimates as per the government timelines.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of financial policies and strategies in the University.
- Coordinate response to audit queries emanating from to external and internal auditors to ensure compliance with public Audit Act.
- Offer guidance on periodic financial analysis of the University and produce financial statements and reports as may be required by stakeholders from time to time.
- Establish internal controls for the University to safeguard its finances and assets.
- Ensure prudent investment of University public funds in line with legal guidelines.
- In liason with the other relevant departments oversee management of all University financial commitment.
- Masters’ Degree in Financial Management or equivalent from a registered and recognized institution
- Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce, Business Management or equivalent from a registered and recognized institution
- CPA (K) or the equivalent qualification
- Registered member of ICPAK with good standing
- At least seven (7) years’ working experience as a Senior Finance Manager at a similar level in a reputable organization
- Must pass the integrity test as required by Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
- Knowledge of IFMIS will be an added advantage
Additional Skills / Requirements:
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Negotiation skills.
- Conflict Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Terms of Service
The terms for the above position includes a two (2) year performance based renewable contract, a generous medical scheme, house allowance and commuting allowance.
How to Apply
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P.O. BOX 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than, 16th July, 2019
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.