Chief Finance Officer Job, Finance Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Title: Chief Finance Officer-NGO,
Reporting to: CEO,
Our client is an NGO designed and dedicated to serving the needs of vulnerable refugee girls. The organizations’ goal is ensuring the girls’ safety and security, long-term needs of healthcare, education, empowerment, and income generation. They seek to hire a highly qualified and efficient chief finance officer who will hold overall responsibility for all financial aspects of the organization’s financial strategy in Kenya and supervise the Kenya Finance Team.
- Maintain all financial systems and lead the Finance Team in Kenya in ensuring timely annual program planning and budgeting to be submitted for review and approvals by the Kenya Board of Directors and the US Finance Team.
- Manage the external audit process in Kenya by liaising with the auditors to ensure all documents and other requirements for smooth audit processes are in place.
- Ensure all materials needed for a successful US audit are provided and in place and work with the US Finance Team on the US audit and ensure both external and project audit recommendations are implemented in a timely manner.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting quarterly cash forecast and financial reports in consultation with the Kenya Finance Team for submission to HQ.
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets by overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting to meet the standards and criteria set by the US Finance Team and organization donors.
- Manage cash systems and policies whilst monitoring individual program investment rates (budget burn rates) in conjunction with the Finance Team in Kenya and ultimately advising and supporting programs managers to effectively and efficiently provide timely services to organization’s Persons of Concern.
- Work closely with the US Finance Team and Managing Director to prepare budgets for donor proposals, quarterly reporting, donor reporting, audits, and annual budget preparation.
- Work closely with the development, finance, and program teams in both the US and Kenya to manage and provide proper oversight of all existing grants and new ones, while monitoring burn rates within Kenya operation and other requirements as stipulated in the various LOAs.
- Work closely with Grants and Finance Teams in both the US and Kenya to ensure quality and timely submission of all donor reports and/or proposal submissions.
- Responsible for monthly monitoring of expenses by donor and programs and adjusting accordingly to make sure budget spend is properly executed based on donor requirements and allocations.
- Responsible for notifying CEO, Managing Director, and US Finance Team of any potential overspend or underspend on grants (restricted and unrestricted) and provide immediate recommendations for mitigation and course correction. Immediately implement recommended course correction to ensure financial grant and annual budget compliance.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO, Managing Director, and Kenya and US Boards and advice on long-term business and financial planning.
- Consult and seek the CEO’s approval on key decisions and needed changes and improvements while keeping them abreast and well updated on all financial matters and financial status of the organization.
- Play role of financial advisor to the CEO, senior leadership team, and Board of Directors by providing sound financial advice, management, and accounting strategies to optimize the organization’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Establish high-level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal, external donors and partners.