Chief Executive Officer Jobs, Manpower Services Jobs
JOB REF: MN 7731
Our client is a well established SACCO with a good track record and member services for many years. They now wish to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
Reporting directly to the Board, the CEO will develop and deliver business and people strategies, which support the Sacco’s overall strategic aims and objectives. S/he will lead management in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which, s/he will manage and grow the society business ensuring strategy execution.
- Lead the development and execution of the Sacco strategy to ensure achievement of the Sacco objectives
- Implement of policies of the Sacco ensuring alignment with the Sacco’s vision, mission and core values and reporting thereon to the Board
- Lead the achievement of the Sacco’s financial goals as per the approved Society plan and consistently meeting the key performance Indicators
- Keeping the Sacco abreast of new technological and commercial developments pertinent to the Sacco’s field of operation and within approved budgets;
- Grow the Sacco business both FOSA and BOSA in terms of products, loan portfolio and revenues and assets as stipulated in the Strategic Plan.
- Timely present financial, management and regulatory reports to the board, the members and authorized third parties including auditors, regulatory authority and the ministry for cooperatives development and marketing.
- Have in place a strong Risk, Compliance and Governance Framework embedded across the organization;
- Maintain and have in place effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
- Ensure that the Sacco has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically.
- Work closely with the Board and the senior management team to establish and review strategic priorities for stakeholders
- Maintain effective communication with members, employees, Government authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure consistent compliance with the with statutory and regulatory requirements, Society’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Timely implementation of the board recommendations.
- Monitor expenditures of the Sacco to make sure they are within the authorized annual budget of the Sacco.
- Appropriately organize and staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy.
- Foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good governance and employee productivity.
- Prepare and present various progress reports to board of director
- Staff Motivation, Welfare and Safety.
- MBA from a recognized university.
- 5 years working experience at a senior level in a Financial Institution and preferably within the co-operative movement.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. ICPAK, MSK, IHRM, ICPSK etc.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Advanced excel and Microsoft Navision will be an added advantage.
- CPA (K)/ACCA
• Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. ICPAK, MSK, IHRM, ICPSK etc.
- Good analytical, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- High degree of integrity
- Strategic thinking and results oriented.
- Track record of good management and development skills
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Age 35 years and above.
How To Apply
Applicants will be required to comply with requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. They should immediately initiate clearance form the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A registered Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of the clearances or initiation of clearance MUST be provided at Manpower Services when invited for preliminary interview. (Initiate the clearance well in advance in anticipation for the interview invite)
- Email a copy of an up-to-date CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
- Ensure you indicate your current or last monthly salary in your cover letter
CLOSING DATE: 9TH FEBRUARY 2019
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.