Chief Construction Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs, REA Jobs
REA 5 (2 Posts)
- Participate in development of the Department’s Work plan and budget;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports;
- Participate in the implementation of the performance management system in the section;
- Identify renewable energy projects including those sponsored by development partners;
- Design of projects;
- Prepare tenders documents;
- Evaluate tenders and presentation to tender committee;
- Participate in factory acceptance test, supervision and commissioning;
- Prepare and review materials specifications;
- Supervise the construction of Projects;
- Ensure all contracts awarded in the department are promptly issued to the various contractors;
- Participate in preparation of pre-feasibility study report, which is presented to management for approval of a full feasibility study;
- Preparation of department monthly performance reports;
- Development of budget and preparation of service purchase;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy;
- Registered with Engineers Board of Kenya as Registered Engineer;
- Member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience with at least 4 years of supervisory experience;
- Attended a management course lasting not less than four weeks;
- Analytical skills;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Demonstrated Integrity;
- Meets the provisions of chapter six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Visit The Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation website for the full details of the job descriptions, minimum requirements and requisite work experience for each position.
Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form which should be obtained in the Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation website and send the same in soft not scanned to the Chief Executive Officer on [email protected]
Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates.
Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 30th April, 2019.