Chief Accountant Job, Current Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Chief Accountant (Management Accounting)
GRADE KPC 4
JOB REF: KPC/ADVT/24/2020
Responsible for providing technical and professional leadership in management accounting and reporting including planning and ensuring generation of financial statements and coordination of external audits.
- Evaluate, redesign, develop, document and implement of Management accounting procedures, processes and instruction manual in compliance with the company policy, changing tax regimes and regulations in the Oil Industry.
- Coordinate billing of KPC deliveries, side contracts services and any other service offered by KPC.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company.
- Coordinate preparation of and ensure compliance with budgetary reporting requirements.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, and data entry.
- Coordinate the preparation of management reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Monitor and analyse monthly operating results against budget.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Commerce (Accounting option) or its recognized equivalent qualifications
- CPA (K) or its recognized equivalent qualifications
- A minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which must have been at Senior Management level.
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body.
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Demonstrated competence in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- In-depth knowledge of financial management, credit evaluation techniques, loss control methods, due diligence processes and taxation law.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, methods and practices of governmental accounting and budgeting
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and prepare relevant reports for management
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully
- Ability to maintain professional status, high integrity and keep abreast of evolving trends in accounting and finance through continuing professional development
- Proficiency in financial and statistical packages
- Ability to deliver Kenya Pipeline Company’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change effort
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 13th October 2020.
Candidates interested in this position are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. They must upload copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.