Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Responsible to: Lead, Ambulance Operator
Responsible for: Attaché
Department: Primary Healthcare
Key working relationships;
The job holder will be responsible for offering driving services for the ambulance at CFK.
The Officer will be responsible for the following:
● Driving an ambulance to transport expectant mothers, new born babies, the sick, injured, or convalescent persons.
● Place patients on stretcher and loads stretcher into ambulance.
● Taking sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination.
● Responsible for changing soiled linen on stretcher.
● Administering first aid as required.
● Report emergencies and accidents in good time
● Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, etc.
● Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems.
● Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned.
● Daily check listing of the consumables and non-consumables.
● Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle/Ambulance.
● Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor.
2. Qualification and compliance
● Be a Kenyan citizen.
● Possess a valid driving License.
● Possess a valid EMT-I practicing license from a recognized body.
● Must have practiced as EMT with at least 2 years of working experience.
● Must provide his/her certification.
3. Skills and Qualifications:
● 5-years’ experience as an ambulance driver.
● Ability to work in a team.
● Problem-solving skills.
● EMT-I certifications.
● Basic life support (BLS) as an added advantage.
● Advance Life support provider course. (ALS).
● Should be a critical thinker and proactive.
● Vehicle Class BEC.