CFK Africa, seeks an experienced Kibera Centre Manager who will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will ensure that goals and objectives specified for the centre are accomplished in accordance with CFK Africa’s priorities. The Centre Manager will have responsibility for all aspects of facilities management. This includes, but not exclusively, health and safety processes, communications with a range of users and others within the community, contract management, administration and project/events management.LOCATION: CFK Africa’s Binti Pamoja Centre, Kibera, Nairobi.
- Oversees daily center operations and coordinates center activities as assigned to staff by their respective departments.
- Managing and monitoring all aspects of health and safety in the jurisdiction of buildings and outside spaces as required by OSH guidelines.
- Prepares periodic reports and records on center projects, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Works with the Administrative Coordinator to manage and update the risk register for facilities.
- Establish and manage systems for the participation of both local and international volunteers in activities within the Centre in consultation with project staff.
- Recommends new projects and activities relating to the Centre.
- Evaluates centre activities for effectiveness to develop improved methods; devises evaluation methodology and implements; analyzes results and recommends and/or takes appropriate action.
- Supports the preparation of proposals for funding of new or continuous projects.
- Maintains direct contact and consultations with Program Coordinators of various programs associated with centre projects on relevant technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and centre goals and policy interpretations; refers to appropriate department or person when unable to respond.
- Works with the Administrative Coordinator to book and schedule cenre projects/events and determines project/event budgets.
- Serves as centre representative during projects by responding to and resolving emergency situations and ensures all aspects of projects/events are implemented and controlled according to plans.
- Serves as a key liaison with centre external publics.
- Additional duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Project Management, or related management field.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in project support and coordination.
3. Excellent writing, editing and oral intercultural communication skills in both Swahili and English.
4. Knowledge of international community development, gender and ethnicity issues, youth education, public health, and asset building a plus.
5. Work experience in the NGO sector is desired.
Compensation is dependent upon on qualifications and experience. CFK Africa offers a competitive benefit package.
How to Apply
If you believe that you qualify for this position :
1. Kindly fill and submit the form below
2. Submit your CV, current and expected salary to [email protected] by 2nd June, 2022.