Certified Boiler Operator Jobs, Engineering Jobs, NFT Consult Jobs
Location: Athi River, Kenya
Area of work: Engineering
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Ideal Start Date: 1st November 2019
Our client is a leading multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer and the world’s leading provider of healthcare solutions today. They specialize in different product groups ranging from Dialysis, Surgical instrumentation, Clinical Nutrition, Stoma Care, Infection Prevention, Anesthesia and Intensive Care products among others. They recently acquired a plant in Kenya and are seeking to fill the position of a Certified Boiler Operator.
Ensure proper operation of boiler, supply of steam to process plant and running, repairing and maintaining boilers systems.
- Operate and monitor the boilers in an efficient manner ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation and the codes of practice.
- Ensure standard operating procedures for boiler startup and boiler shutdown are duly followed and adhered to.
- Ensure proper operation of boiler and supply of steam to process plant.
- Ensure good fuel utilization to minimize wastage and cost of production
- Maintenance of Boiler as per established schedules
- Conduct troubleshoot & repair malfunction of Boiler.
- Responsible for all, regulatory compliance and any other pertinent operations requirements for the boiler systems.
- Ensure boiler is in good safe working condition at all times.
- Ensure Shift logbook is duly filled and signed off at end of shift.
- Continuous check of boiler operations to ensure smooth and balanced running of boiler parameters.
- Ensure to carry out boiler blow downs as stipulated in boiler operating manual/SOP.
- Immediately report faulty electrical/mechanical/instrumentation systems to relevant personnel.
- Keep track of boiler steam production and boiler fuel utilization.
- Keep clear inventory of fuel usage and ensure proper utilization of the same.
- Ability to work under pressure and with shifts as may be required from time to time
- Ensure high moral standards and be a team player
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of other workers.
- Ensure proper use of PPEs
- Review of operational and maintenance procedures.
- The duties can be changed or added at the discretion of the management.
- Keep good reporting channel, and avoid over communication.
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time
- Certificate in Boiler Operation and Maintenance
- 2-5 years of experience in boiler operation
- Previous experience with wood fired boiler is an added advantage.
- Able to maintain legible and accurate records/paperwork as required.
- A working knowledge of safety guidelines and problem solving abilities.
How to Apply
Applicants can upload their CVs and application letters onto the website www.nftconsult.com as well as view the detailed Job description.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 15th October 2019.
Note that only applications in MS Word or PDF will be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.