CEO Job at The Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry KNCCI
Our Client, The Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry KNCCI is registered as a not-for-profit private company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act Chapter 486 of the laws of Kenya.
KNCCI is a membership based trade support institution (TSI) working to protect commercial and industrial interests of Kenyan business community. KNCCI advocates for the creation of a favourable commercial, trade and investment environment that supports enterprise expansion. The membership of KNCCI constitutes small, micro enterprises (MSEs), medium and large enterprises.
Our Client seeks to hire a Chief Executive Officer to be based in Nairobi. The role’s core competencies are visionary leadership and strategic decision making. In addition, the ideal candidate must be business savvy, committed to results and a hands-on manager.
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Board, the CEO is responsible and accountable to provide executive leadership, implement the strategic plan, expand financial resources, increase membership, build internal and external relationships, and communicate the business priorities to government, media, donors, and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities for the CEO Job
- Board Administration and Support
- Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff, and supporting Board’s evaluation of Chief Executive
Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to KNCCI regulations.
- Human Resource Management
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures towards encouraging synergies and propagating team effort
- Communication, Public Relations and Customer Service
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders. The CEO is the spokesperson for the organization.
- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
- Program and Service Delivery
- Develop products and services for members and other stakeholders that generate revenue streams for the organization
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs and services
- Policy Formulation and Strategy Implementation
- Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the Board and ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Leading and motivating
- Directing the team towards to advance employee engagement and thereby develop a high performing managerial team
Qualifications for the CEO Job
- An MBA holder with at least 10 years of Executive/Senior level management experience which could include private industry, trade associations, economic development and/or related public sector or not-for-profit organizations. The ideal profile of career experiences would include a blend of the above mentioned sectors including executive level role in large corporate or entrepreneurial environment.
- A proven successful executive with the ability to provide dynamic internal and external leadership to the Chamber to achieve revenue objectives, budgeted annual gross and net revenue, and other program and financial goals within the annual business plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business community, economic development and political dynamics
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication and proven media experience are essential. S/he needs to be media savvy as well have people skills in dealing with members, business, government, etc.
- Great Advocacy skills and the ability to change policies and/or regulations
- An excellent internal leader recognized for the ability to develop, motivate and build functional teams that regularly achieve and maintain superior levels of performance.
- Primary professional Association experience in Africa/Global.
- Specific, proven experience launching & growing networks and working experience with operations/productions/People management/Previous P&L responsibility.
- Key Attributes: Trustworthiness/believability, professional presence, highly developed interpersonal and communications skills, results oriented, global thinker, diplomatic, ability to multi-task, strong public communication skills, open-minded to differing views, persuasive, quick thinking, outgoing and approachable, excellent time management skills, strong leadership ability, conflict resolution skills, negotiation skills, and ability to influence.
- Industry Acumen: Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends, and other information affecting the chamber industry and the business sector. Understands the competitive and economic issues; aware of the political landscape for change and how collaborative strategies amongst organizations work in the marketplace. Recognizes and understands the value proposition for chamber membership.
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; effectively articulates member value and promotes Chamber programs and services; talks and acts with member value in mind; establishes and maintains effective on-going relationships with board members and chamber members and gains their trust and respect.
Our client offers all the advantages one would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Kindly send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to Raymond Nyamweya, Principal Consultant, RACG on email [email protected] and copy r[email protected] and address it to The Recruitment Manager as soon as you read this advert.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more details, check www.racg.co.ke
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.