Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
POSITION DESCRIPTION: INTERN-SEXUAL GENDER BASED VIOLENCE (SGBV)
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
EMPLOYMENT BASIS: 6 MONTHS CONTRACT
HOURS OF WORK: FULL TIME
National Shelter Network (NSN) was conceptualized in 2019 and began in February 2020. It is led by the Center for Domestic Training and Development (CDTD) a women rights NGO that works to promote the rights of domestic workers and offers protection services to vulnerable girls, women, refugees, and victims of human trafficking**.** NSN initiative is meant to address emerging issues and challenges related to the provision of shelter and other rescue services as well as prevention of violence Against Women and Girls (VAGS), victims of human trafficking and refugees.
The intern will support NSN initiative in designing strategies that address challenges related to provision of shelter, rescue services and prevention of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) against vulnerable girls, women, victims of human trafficking and refugees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support NSN in the implementation of activities that raise awareness on gender inequality and prevention of SGBV on vulnerable girls, women, victims of human trafficking and refugees through active participation in trainings, workshops, and advocacy actions.
· Supports create and disseminate content on events/activities and surveys that raise awareness on gender inequality and violence against women e.g. 14 days of activism online through social media.**
· Support in mapping and dissemination of information on rape hot spots.**
· Oversee and maintain a 24 hour hot line to ensure that callers have immediate access to needed services, referrals, and safe shelter.
· Support foster relationships and maintain outreach strategies with existing and potential shelters for further program development.
· Support lobby with duty bearers and policy makers such as National Gender and Equality (NGEC) to actively participate and contribute to matters, legal policies and shelter provision for SGBV victims and survivors.**
· Support advocate and participate in design and implementation of standards and guidelines for shelters registration.**
· Support in partnership and collaboration with State department for Gender (SDFG), Collaborative Centre for Gender Development (CCDC) to streamline shelter mapping process.**
· Support the National Shelter Network (NSN) in the identification, rescue and referral of SGBV cases for psychological support or any other necessary intervention.
· Support oversee the design, development, dissemination and visibility of SGBV related activities through creation of quality social media content, documentaries, website updates, newsletter and media relations etc.
· Support collect, maintain, analyze and disseminate data that can feed into national referral mechanism and policy making.
· Support in linking with other relevant and non-state actors for resources mobilization and advocacy for SGBV cases.
· Compile and maintain and update database on shelters for shelter mapping.
· Develop quality monthly reports, track project progress, and ensure timely activity implementation.
· Perform any other duties assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work, community development, social sciences, or other related field.
· Genuine interest for working in SGBV programs.
· Excellent analytical, communication, report writing and presentation skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced organization and work collaboratively with a range of partners, including grass root community members.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter