Main objective of the role
To provide support to the Country Office in knowledge management, programme documentation and communication. The position holder will provide regular updates of programme data base, creation and maintenance of partner/project profiles, content development to show-case change as a result of CBM’s work, with, and provide administrative support to the development of annual program report. The Programme Assistant will also assist in delivery of programme support services demonstrating agility, innovativeness, proactiveness and CBM’s added value as required.
We are looking for someone who will:
· Maintain an up to date database and records on programme activities by ensuring proper filing system (server and hard copies) and regular reporting on the same.
· Map-out current partnership portfolio and develop cartographic map showing geographies reached through various CBM supported interventions.
· Maintain a calendar of key deliverables, meetings and project visits to support the programme team work plan.
· liaise with Regional Brand and Communications Manager and the Programme Manager, document impact stories as a result of CBM’s contribution; support use of digital based solutions to increase CBM brand awareness and visibility; and develop content for upload on Country Office intranet page on monthly basis.
· Play a key role in resource gathering through collection, compilation and drafting publications of beneficiary impact stories and images; as guided by CBM and donor standards.
· Develop current partner/project profiles and upload on SharePoint.
· Provide administrative support to the programme teams during programme reporting by preparing data/material needed for routine reporting internally and externally.
· Coordinate logistics for internal events such as trainings, marking of critical calendar events, and Kenya Implementing Partners Forum.
· Act as the focal person in coordinating CBM’s involvement in external key disability events such as World Sight Day, International day for persons with disability; working in close collaboration with the Administrative Assistant.
We are looking for someone who has:
· Degree in a relevant field, such as Communication, Business Administration, Information Science or any other related field.
· Good report writing and documentation skills.
· Experience in program visibility work including branding and marketing
· Passion, innovative and creative mind to improve organizational knowledge management and documentation.
· Understanding of geospatial tools and software.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English – both verbal and written.
· Practical skills in data cleaning, analysis, and visualization.
· Ability to prioritize work, pay attention to details and ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
· Ability to proactively anticipate and take appropriate action on any potential challenges or risks that may affect the delivery of the tasks.
· High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and issues.
· Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team.
· Effective use of IT skills including Excel, Word, Power Point.
· Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM values and Safeguarding Policy.