Procurement and administration Job, current procurement Jobs
Department: Procurement and Admin
Reports to: Deputy Country Director (DCD)-Operations
Matrix Reporting to: Procurement Manager and Administration and Logistics Coordinator
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
CARE Kenya is an International NGO working in Kenya together with its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance. The Procurement and Administration Officer position will be based in Dadaab will report to the DCD-Operations.
I. JOB SUMMARY
CARE USA Core Values Commitment:
The core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The core Values Commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners, and contractors globally.
Procurement and Admin Officer is responsible for the efficient management of Procurements, administration, Property and facilities, transport/logistics and travel related services. This includes ensuring that all processes are functioning efficiently in Dadaab office and that there is good coordination between Dadaab and the Nairobi. She/he is responsible to ensure that CARE Kenya operations are carried out efficiently and in alignment with established operating policies, procedures and standards so that program activities can be implemented smoothly, on time and within budget.
S/he collaborates with the Nairobi offices and ensures effective coordination between the program and administrative in Dadaab sub-offices and maintains up to date policies and procedures documentation. Procurement and Admin Officer must be a proactive problem-solver who is self-motivated and energetic. S/he must hold him/herself and members of the team accountable for effective and efficient service delivery to the programs as well as high levels of integrity and compliance with organizational policies, processes, and regulations. S/he must demonstrate the adoption of efficient and cost-effective methods and a strong customer service focus
II. ROLES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
1. Leadership and management of the Dadaab Field Office Administration Teams-20%
- High quality leadership and team management – Manage the performance of team members through performance reviews, frequent conversations, and other methods as appropriate for continuous performance improvement.
- Develop and organize activities of Admin, Fleet, Warehousing and Logistics Department to provide timely and effective support to CO program to ensure objectives are met.
- Partner with other CO peer positions and departments in ensuring seamless coordination and support to the CO
- Supervise, guide and mentor admin and logistics staff in sub offices to ensure timely and high-quality service delivery
- Provide guidance and support and capacity strengthening to sub-office administrative staff as instructed by the DCD-Ops
- Ensure all staff have the appropriate orientation and guidelines to ensure implementation of CARE administrative policies and procedures.
- Contribute to cost controls through systematic review of expenditures, identify cost-saving measures and implement appropriately to improve stewardship of CO resources
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervision visits to sub-offices to provide support and coaching to admin staff and conduct spot checks of files to ensure availability and accuracy of the information in the system
- Ensure that there is a coherence in the support provided between Nairobi and Field Office locations, positively Influencing ways of working within the PS Team to have a positive impact on the efficiency of the different units and value addition to the CO
2. Procurement of Goods and Services -40%
- Timely procurement of goods and services and formalize payment of all invoices against its supply
- Adhere to CARE policies and procedures as well as donor regulations and local laws for procurement of requisite services or goods in a transparent and ethical manner
- Proactively organize meetings with all units for development of yearly procurement plan and revision of procurement plans on a quarterly basis and submit to Procurement Manager for necessary support
- Obtain an estimated price for preparation of annual budgeting whenever required
- Consult with requestors to fully understand their requirements advising them as appropriate, analyzing cost benefits and supporting budget holder to make appropriate purchasing decisions
- Complete the procurement process using correct solicitation methods
- Negotiate the best deal for CARE with vendors ensuring the optimal combination of cost, quality and delivery/lead time for the organization
- Conduct market survey for procurement of goods and services as and when required
- Maintain professional and cordial relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate with sector leads, requestors to discuss on procurements for all funds that are coming to an end at least three months prior to project end date
- Work closely with logistics section in ensuring timely transportation of procured goods to the end user
- Follow up with vendors for delivery of goods and services as per due date in the purchase order and submit all documents to finance within two days of receipt of goods and services and invoice
- Initiate to timely coordinate and cancel purchase orders with outstanding deliverables
- Generate procurement status report using various queries in PeopleSoft and share the detail system generated report as well as provide summary of manual procurement status report on a weekly basis to all relevant team members.
- Provide fund wise procurement expenditure report in coordination with finance to sector leads on a monthly basis.
- Archive all procurement and admin related documents; year and month wise including purchase requisition, request for quotation, quotations, summary bid analysis, email approvals, purchase orders and good receipt note for every procurement in procurement drive and one-drive on a weekly basis.
- Keep track of an up-to-date list of all valid fund codes and regularly track the procurement progress.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Manager and Procurement Committee to pre-qualify suppliers for the Dadaab offices.
3. Admin, Property and Asset Management -30%
- Ensure leased properties are properly managed in line with the terms and conditions of the lease agreement.
- Ensure adequate controls and process are in place to ensure effective management of the stores are in compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Mitigate possible risks by ensuring safety and security for both rented and owned assets.
- Lead semi-annual and annual physical inventory and reconciliation of Property Register with Financial records as required by CARE policy and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Admin and Logs Coordinator to facilitate the timely completion of Health and Safety audits in the field offices as per OSH requirements and implementation of the audit recommendations.
- Coordinate the provision of administrative support to the provincial offices as requested
- Ensure the maintenance of all CARE rented/ owned facilities and follow utility obligations in a timely manner.
- Negotiate with prospective landlord suitable terms and conditions for all lease agreements and ensure all leases are vetted by the CO legal counsel before signing by the CD
- Keep track of all Dadaab and sub-offices leases and ensure obligations are met on time to minimize the risk on the CO operations
- Lead the analysis of Country office’s travel related needs and coordinate with procurement to identify high quality service providers and manage subsequent service level agreements (SLAs).
- Strengthen CARE Kenya’s system for travel management.
- Coordinate and ensure the implementation of administrative policies and activities
4. Customers Service Excellence-10%
- Ensure coherence in the Procurement and Admin function and across functions to have positive impact on efficiency and value addition to the CO.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with customers for improved service delivery.
- Provide proactive, rigorous, and logical methods to solve Admin and Logistics support related challenges faced by units across the Country Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Finance, or related areas or equivalent in years of professional experience in similar roles.
B. Experience and Competencies Required
- The position requires a minimum professional experience of 4 years in the management of administrative procedures, at least 2 at managerial level.
- Knowledge of Procurement and Admin management and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations best practices
- Excellent planning, negotiation, and communication skills – ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing demands of the job
- Customer oriented – internal and external
IV. CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the COs internal and external customers. These include and not limited to.
- Country Office teams; Program, Finance and Safety and security Teams
- Shared Service Centre
- Vendors / Government agencies / Other organizations (peer organizations)
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.