Legal Officer II Job, Legal Jobs in Kenya 2021,
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR COMPLAINTS, INVESTIGATIONS AND LEGAL SERVICES THROUGH THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR COMPLAINTS & LEGAL SERVICES
DUTY STATION GARISSA
DEPARTMENT: COMPLAINTS, INVESTIGATIONS AND LEGAL SERVICES
DIVISION: COMPLAINTS & LEGAL SERVICES
GRADE: CAJ 7
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE
Duties and responsibilities entail:
- Receiving and registering complaints related to the Commission’s mandate
- Implement strategies and guidelines on complaints handling;
- Attend to clients on matters relating to Commission’s mandate and offer legal advice thereon;
- Represent the Commission in legal proceedings including amicus briefs;
- Participate in formal hearings, inquiries and investigations on complaints falling within its mandate;
- Conduct legal research on matters relating to administrative justice and other legal matters;
- Promote and facilitate resolution of complaints and disputes through mediation and reconciliation;
- Prepare periodic reports on complaints investigated and remedial action taken by the Commission;
- Prepare Legal briefs and Advisory opinions;
- Provide recommendations or remedial alternatives for resolution of disputes;
- Any other duty assigned by the Commission.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must;
- Have at least 3 years of post-admission experience
- Have a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) from a recognized university.
- Have a current and valid practicing certificate
- Have a Post graduate diploma in Law
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate.
- Have ability to undertake research and provide sound legal opinions
- Have knowledge and exposure to Alternative Dispute Resolution will be an added advantage
- Have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
How To Apply
The Applications should be hand-delivered or sent via post to the address below:-
THE COMMISSION SECRETARY
COMMISSION ON ADMINISTRATIVE JUSTICE
2ND FLOOR, WESTEND TOWERS – WAIYAKI WAY
P O BOX 20414 CITY SQUARE 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants will be required to attach copies of clearance and/or compliance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- A credit reference bureau
- Higher Education Loans Board
The Closing date is on 23rd August 2021 at 4.30pm
The Commission on Administrative Justice is an Equal Opportunity employer.