Access To Information Officer II Job, Latest Administration Job Vacancies in Kenya,
The Access to Information Officer II will be responsible to the Director Access to Information for receiving and reviewing applications on Access to information and conducting inquiries into alleged violations of the ATI Act pursuant to the Commission’s mandate.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Receive and review applications on Access to Information;
- Conduct inquiries into alleged violations of the Access to Information Act;
- Provide support during hearing on matters Access to Information;
- Undertake onsite inspections and relevant information inventories;
- Prepare summons, orders and other legal instruments under ATI Act;
- Undertake relevant researches aimed at developing repository on ATI determination, advisories and case law;
- Participate in the development of the regulatory framework on ATI Act including relevant regulations, policies, guidelines, rules, model laws;
- Provide technical support to public entities and private bodies on implementation of ATI Act
- Receive and assess public entities’ reports on ATI implementation;
- Participate in preparation of relevant reports on Access to Information matters
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
- Have post graduate related experience of at least three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Information Management, Law, Archival Studies, Governance, Sociology and Public Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a related experience of at least three (3) years;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity; and
- Demonstrate professional competence and capability as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
The Applications should be hand delivered or sent via post to the address below:-
THE COMMISSION SECRETARY
COMMISSION ON ADMINISTRATIVE JUSTICE
2ND FLOOR, WESTEND TOWERS – WAIYAKI WAY
P O BOX 20414 CITY SQUARE 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants will be required to attach copies of clearance and/or compliance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- A credit reference bureau
- Higher Education Loans Board
The Closing date is on 23rd August 2021 at 4.30pm
The Commission on Administrative Justice is an Equal Opportunity employer.