Fundraising & Communications Officer Jobs, Communications Jobs January 2021
Job Title: Fundraising & Communications Officer
Biovision Africa Trust (BvAT), a not-for-profit organization established in Kenya in 2009 by the Swiss-based Biovision Foundation for Ecological Development, is situated on the main campus of the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) in Kasarani, Nairobi. The Trust’s goal is to alleviate poverty and improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers in Kenya and other African countries, through dissemination of information and knowledge on appropriate technology, to improve human, animal, plant, and environmental health. BvAT supports the Biovision Farmer Communication Programme (FCP), the Ecological Organic Agriculture Initiative (EOA-I), Knowledge Centre on Organic Agriculture (KCOA) and other agro-based initiatives in Africa.
BvAT is seeking to recruit a qualified person for the following position of Fundraising and Communications Officer
This is a new role within BvAT and the job holder will work under the Executive Director (ED) and in close collaboration with the management including the Project Coordinators and Managers. She/he will be responsible in supporting strategic communications, fundraising and income generation activities in support ofall BvAT programmes and new initiatives consistent with BvAT’s Strategic Plan.The job holder will play a key role in the organization’s communications and marketing.
- Working closely with the ED and the management team to develop and maintain project income from institutional donors, trusts and foundations through developing winning proposals, concept notes and grant applications.
- Research and keep track of funding opportunities and their priorities and trends, providing timely information to support the development of new bids. Such information to be shared with the Executive Director and the management.
- Building unrestricted income by developing current income streams from individuals, corporate and major donors.
- Regularly monitoringBvAT’s strategic plan to check how a developed fund generation and resource mobilization workplan contributes to the organization’s yearly targets.
- Establishing long term funding relationships with private sector, corporate agencies, donors and reputable individuals within Kenya and abroad, and finding a match with partners whose philanthropic or funding criteria match BvAT’s vision and activities.
- Maintaining &updatingafundraising database of donor contacts.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Project Coordinators / Managers to ensure that all donor reports are prepared to quality standards in compliance with contractual obligations, maintaining a tracking system to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Providing guidance to Project Coordinators/ Managers on the status of existing sub agreements, and related policies and procedures.
Communications and Marketing
To develop and implement communication and marketing strategies for BvAT, inorder to raise its national and international profile amongst a wide range of potential donors, partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders as well as support in creating BvAT’s identity, public image and brand, ensuring consistency in all aspects of both internal and external communications.
- Raise awareness of BvAT via its services, successes and plans in Kenya and Africa through digital and social media platforms,the press, etc.
- Coordinate and manage BvAT’scommunication channels and materialsincluding print, video, publications, website maintenance and social media activities to raise the profile of BvAT among various target audience including donors, development partners, farmer associations.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of BvAT’s programme/project activities to measure theirreceptivity and impact amongvarious target audience.
- Oversee development and implementation of a communication and marketing strategy in line with BvAT’s strategic plan and the policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for all BvAT’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Undertake other relevant activities as and when assigned by the Executive Director.
- At least a degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or a related course from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5years’ relevant working experience in fundraising, with proof of having raised substantial long-term funding from a broad range of sources including corporate, local and international donors.
- Experience in development and implementation of a fundraising/resource mobilization strategy.
- Experience in writing project concept notes and proposals
- Experience in monitoring, implementation and reporting of project activities.
- Relevant training in resource mobilization / fundraising.
- Proven track record in preparing and presenting winning proposals to secure long term funding from local and international sources.
- Strategic approach: Ability to contribute to the development of BvAT’s fundraising approach with regards to the donor community and to develop fundraising tools and mechanisms, whilst ensuring that BvAT’s reputation for integrity and institutional independence are upheld and enhanced.
- Creativity and innovation: Ability to develop and adapt innovative approaches and replicable strategies for fundraising, through the analysis of trends and experience and the consideration of lessons learnt.
- Adapting and responding to change: Ability to challenge and question common resource mobilization practices and previous approaches, to adapt to changing circumstances and needs, and to identify and prioritize valued projects.
- Planning and organizing skills: Ability to coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of results and successes to donors and other key stakeholders.
- Communication skills: Ability to make presentations that catch and maintain audience interest; and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills: a) Ability to build networks and strategic alliances and maintain relationships with key donors and other partners, with tact and sensitivity, b) Ability to develop detailed knowledge and understanding of priorities and the areas of interest of partners whilst sensitizing them to BvAT programmatic activities.
- Proficiency in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Have strong relationship management.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Knowledge of French will be an advantage.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements, please submit your detailed CV and application letter indicating summary of your key qualifications and expected salary to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 25th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Biovision Africa Trust is an equal opportunity employer
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.