Tooling Engineer Job, Current Engineering Kenyan Vacancies,
BURN is currently seeking a mission-driven Tooling Engineer for its modern clean cookstove manufacturing facility in Ruiru, Nairobi.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design, analysis, and cost of the required sheet metal soft and production tools.
- Work closely with the machinists to ensure successful machining and cutting operations for all the tool parts.
- Carry out tools building/assembly activities.
- Helping in managing the tooling workshop’s materials and hardware warehouse.
- Work closely with the New Product Development teams to ensure design for manufacturability.
- Carry out all assigned tasks in outsourced tools purchases and machining projects.
- Help in training tooling technicians and machinists on the best practices in sheet metal tooling design, machining, and building and maintenance activities.
- Participate in root cause analysis sessions for tools breakdowns.
- Help in achieving efficient utilization of the workshop’s machine tools.
- Ensure conformity with the company’s SOPs and help improve the tooling workshop procedures.
- Excellent problem identifier and solver.
- Hands-on and action-oriented.
- Excellent communicator that works well in a team.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in developing and building sheet metal production tools.
- Experience in designing and building sheet metal Deep drawing, and forming tools is preferred.
- Excellent SolidWorks skills. Other 3D modeling software experience is a plus.
- Capable of using Logo-Press, Auto-Form, or any other tooling analysis software.
- Experience in working with EDM drilling, EDM wire cutting, and EDM spark erosion machines.
- Good understanding of cold working tooling materials and heat treatment of tool steels.
- Perfect understanding of hydraulic and mechanical forming and punching presses.
- Very Good understanding of machining and tools clearances, tolerances, allowances, and engineering drawings.
- Very good project management skills.
- Good understanding of CNC milling, turning operations, and conventional machine shop tools is a plus
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.