Market Research Manager Job, Current Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya,
About The Role
BURN is looking for a Market Research Manager – Electric who will be involved in the leadership and management of the market research objectives and efforts for the organization and especially for the electric arm of the business. They will help improve existing policies and practices for gathering research on market conditions, competitors, and consumer trends. Being the senior most technical research officer in the business, they will spearhead the designing, planning, collection, analysis, and presentation of data and research outcomes to commercial, research and development, and management teams.They will also manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs and ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adheres to approved budgets, quality, and timelines.At BURN and within project teams we value and recognize ability and performance. We welcome new ideas and suggestions for better ways of achieving project goals and encourage continual improvement of skills and methods. We do our work on a flexible schedule as projects require but most importantly, we meet deadlines.
- Leadership – You will be responsible for growing the Market Research department as a central data unit at Burn: Continuously building and improving the market research team including talent acquisition, skills development, process improvements, etc.
- Thought leadership: providing thought leadership to successfully manage the market research team, and processes, including developing methodologies, analysis, reporting, longitudinal studies, and fieldwork to support internal customers which includes but is not limited to the following departments: NPD, Commercial, Expansion, Carbon et al.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Initiate coordination with management in determining research priorities for key markets.
- Take leadership and initiative in designing, directing, and managing the entire research process projects in collaboration with the Commercial Manager for Electric, Head of Electric Operations, and Head of Product for Electric from need assessment to delivery of compelling findings drawing insights towards supporting strategic data-driven decisions.
- Advise and oversee the execution of well-defined objectives, through the execution of the best practice methodologies, techniques, and approaches to acquire required data for decision-making in the most cost and time-efficient way.
- Spearhead and work collaboratively with the Electric Research team including the MR Team, Pilot Managers, Pilot Leads, Project Coordinators, Data Scientists, Sales Team, and other members of the Research Team in the preparation and execution of field activities including focus groups, field surveys, in-person interviews, home visits, remote surveys et al.
- Lead in evaluations of projects and studies e.g., evaluate the nature and condition of projects and make useful suggestions to management and market research team on best practices and strategies to apply in future project execution towards the delivery of enhanced offering and user experience.
- Manage the collection, processing, and curating of qualitative and quantitative data, including the design of research tools, implementation, and data validation.
- Collaborate closely with data processing departments and other stakeholders within the organization to develop data management protocols and implement any new programs or applications for improving data management.
- Provide thought leadership in addressing emerging challenges, developing team skills, and continuously improving the input and outcome of the department.
- Strategic input and direction on how to restructure and build up the team in the next few months for achieving planned goals through the identification of key challenges in the business model, operations, and technology, and support finding appropriate solutions and process improvements
- Be involved in running the Electric Business MR organization, including in matters, HR, internal business processes, resource mobilization, and customer experience.
- Supporting the grants department and manager in managing reporting schedules and doing follow-ups with the teams to ensure reporting schedules are met and soliciting input from the program teams on reports’ contents.
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering and Software Teams in developing tools to support the project needs for payment collection and communication.
- Work on any other related business function as required
- Role may involve travel to other cities /countries as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Strong background in a busy research environment supporting Product & Commercial teams
- Wide knowledge and experience in planning and executing quantitative and qualitative research methodologies in all stages of the product life cycle from product ideation to commercialization with a multi-country scope.
- Strong data handling skills using contemporary tools/languages (Ms 365, Kobo, Excel)
- Great organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an informal, collegial environment and execute flawless stakeholder management.
How to Apply
Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).