Our client is a Marine and Offshore Engineering Company involved in shipbuilding, ship repairs, and steel fabrication services. They seek to hire a competent and detail oriented Engineering Unit Manager whose main responsibility will be to supervise, implement and organize engineering works of the company.
Reporting to: General Manager – Civil & Mechanical Engineering
Salary: 200K – 400K
- Mainly responsible for the Supervision, implementation, and organization of engineering works
- Design, preparation of Technical drawings for Fabrication Works, Marine works, Shipbuilding and repairs
- Direct, manage and grow a lean but effective team in the Engineering Office.
- Lead engineering works process from piping shipyard works through to civil structural works.
- Supervise the preparation of BOQs and estimation of costs
- Inspect equipment, instruments, products, or systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, or applicable codes or regulations
- Provide technical support and instructions to staff or customers regarding equipment standards, assisting with specific and difficult in-service engineering
- Provide engineering services for production, quality, safety, environment in house and on our projects
- Set annual targets, KPI’s and conduct monthly progress reviews
- Manage and develop an Engineering Bureau by directing engineering designers for works/projects monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Support the Project Manager in the execution of work on site
- Preparing reports, updating the departmental head on work in progress, difficulties, and recommendations for possible solutions
- Lead and make engineering analyses for complete civil/mechanical works.
- Degree/Masters in Mechanical/ Civil/ Ship Building Engineering
- 7-10 years’ experience in Design of Mechanical works including Oil & Gas or civil, with 3 years in management
- Experience in Marine Industry will be an advantage
- Must be conversant with Engineering design optimization knowledge using relevant Engineering software
- A thorough understanding of Design analysis, Production analysis, Commercial awareness, Quality awareness; guardian and stimulator for high-quality production
- Engineering and design – structural production and aesthetic practical know-how
- Strong leadership capabilities backed with a strong technical background
- Demonstrated ability to lead, grow and empower team members
How to Apply
Apply here for the Engineering Bureau Manager Job
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.