Senior Research Officer Job, Latest Kenyan County Government Jobs,
Job Grade CASB 5 (CASB 17/8/2021) – 1 Post
Basic Salary: 87,360
House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 12,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the provision of non-partisan professional research services to Members,
- Committees and staff of the County Assembly
- Overseeing the assessment of strengths and weaknesses of government policy options
- Initiating and conducting anticipatory research/analysis on key policy issues; including assessing the strengths and weakness of policy options
- Formulation, interpretation and application of research policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Writing of research papers and reports and facilitating their subsequent publications/dissemination
- Supervising and ensuring quality control in the preparation of research papers, briefing notes and particular points of view
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum period of Four (4) years relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university;
- Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline will be an added advantage;
- A certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- A thorough demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques of professional research, with particular emphasis on public policy analysis, and an ability to write reports in a clear, concise and understandable manner;
- An understanding of parliamentary process and a sensitivity to the research and policy analysis needs of the Parliament;
- Demonstrated outstanding administrative/managerial capability in the organization of the research services; and
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and national identity cards.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National identity card, and clearance from, EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
1. Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the applications.
2. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top corner of the envelope addressed to;
The Secretary County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O Box 1886 – 50200,
Or Via Email [email protected]
Or, be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 AT THE Main County Assembly Building.
All Applications Should be received no later than 23rd September 2021. THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.