Senior Fiscal Analyst Job, Latest Finance Jobs in Kenya 2021,
Job Grade CASB 05 (CASB 40/8/2021) – 1
Basic Salary: Kshs. 87,360
House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 12,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing guidance in the preparation and analysis of budget information for County Assembly Committees;
- Implementing, interpreting and reviewing appropriate policies, rules, standards and procedures governing Fiscal analysis ;
- Participating in implementation of departmental initiatives, projects and programs;
- Drafting the departmental annual work plans;
- Reviewing draft quarterly plans for the Finance Committee;
- Reviewing and recommending briefs and reports for presentation to the relevant committees and other stakeholders;
- Coordinating the analysis of submitted budget documents;
- Liaising with other departments to facilitate committee briefings, public participation, analysis of bills and plenary matters;
- Guiding technical analysis of revenue raising laws and revenue forecasting so as to give alternate information on possible revenue collections;
- Guiding in assessment of financial and economic implications of all motions and Bills with a view to generating direct or indirect costs to assist the Speaker and the Finance Committee in making decisions;
- Coordinating the review of budget estimates for various County Government corporations and providing advice to the relevant sectoral committees;
- Preparation of training manuals and presentations for Capacity building of Members of the County Assembly on budget matters;
- Reviewing the Appropriations Bills and Supplementary Appropriations Bills in order to ensure clarity, accuracy and consistency of amounts to be allocated to various sectors including the County Assembly;
- Drafting departmental procurement requisitions;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposal;
Requirements for Appointment
- minimum experience of four (4) years in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Statistics or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline will be an added advantage ;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of the public sector budget process and fiscal policy;
- Knowledge of the Constitution, relevant laws and legislations governing public finance;
- Flair of parliamentary practice and procedures;
- Proficiency in econometric modelling, statistical analysis and use of spread sheets;
- Proficiency in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and national identity cards.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National identity card, and clearance from, EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
1. Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the applications.
2. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top corner of the envelope addressed to;
The Secretary County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O Box 1886 – 50200,
Or Via Email [email protected]
Or, be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 AT THE Main County Assembly Building.
All Applications Should be received no later than 23rd September 2021. THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.