Senior Clerk Assistant Job, Latest Legal Kenyan Jobs,
Job Grade CASB 5 -Legislative, Procedural and Chamber Services (CASB 4/8/2021) – 1 Post
Basic Salary: Kshs. 87,360
House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
Other Allowance: Kshs. 14,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating a cluster of units in Legislative and Procedural Services Departments;
- Coordinating provision of technical and administrative support to the Procedural Committees;
- Organizing and coordinating Seminars and Conferences for continuous capacity building and networking for Members and departmental staff;
- Ensuring good record management of journals and records for reference in research and analysis on parliamentary practice and procedure;
- Reviewing draft amendments to Bills and Motions to ensure that they confirm to set parliamentary standards, consistency with relevant statutes, accuracy and are actionable;
- Supervising preparation and management of chamber documents to guide the business of the plenary;
- Coordinating the legislative functions and operations of the Speaker’s Office;
- Marshalling of published bills, Motions, Sessional papers, Petitions, Statements and committee work;
- Coordinating preparation of votes and proceedings and forwarding for uploading to website;
- Conducting Corruption Risk Analysis and advising Management on necessary interventions;
- Performing compliance checks to enhance adherence to Ethical Standards Procedures in all operating levels of the Assembly;
- Ensuring accurate and timely submission of Integrity returns in line with the approved format;
- Providing support in the designing and implementation of program evaluation and operations research studies, as appropriate;
- Planning for, designing, and participating in the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation capacity-building initiatives for County Assembly staff;
- Developing Monitoring and Evaluation plans for County Assembly programs;
- Developing and implementing data quality assurance strategies in the respective County Assembly programs;
- developing and implementing of data use plans in the county programs and projects;
- implementing corporate reporting templates for performance, risk, project management and other areas and ensure that reporting timescales are adhered to consistent with County Assembly governance requirements;
- Reporting on the corporate service delivery in line with strategy, outputs and outcomes, risks and compliance;
- Drafting departmental procurement requisitions;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposal.
Requirements for Appointment
- A minimum of 4 (Four) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the Social Sciences from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any Social Science from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and national identity cards.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National identity card, and clearance from, EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
1. Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the applications.
2. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top corner of the envelope addressed to;
The Secretary County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O Box 1886 – 50200,
Or Via Email [email protected]
Or, be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Management Office Room 10 AT THE Main County Assembly Building.
All Applications Should be received no later than 23rd September 2021. THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF BUNGOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.